Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dragy times for Plaid and LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not 160, but here is my 1/4 mile run to 150:

IMG_287CADF0F291-1.jpeg

Ok apparently, someone got a FREAKING 157 mph trap speed in a 19" car! Don't know if this was stock or not, but if it was, now we know where the 155 trap may come from. Just not with 9.23 it seems. After seeing this, I'm betting that after 200 mph is unlocked, we will see the 155 out of the 21" wheels. Seems like higher trap speed but lower ET may be the case for the 19s. Damn impressive if true.

EDIT: Most likely was a mistake; ET and trap speed do not correlate.

If it's in Colorado's thin air the trap would fit the ET.

Well that should put to rest the 19" Vs 21" debate .... I'm glad I got the 19's even if they are ulgy
Well, this is one (very good, very apples to apples) data point.

Even within this data point other possibly confounding variables are weight of drivers and the lane on the track and possibly car-to-car issues although this 21" car seems consistent with other 21" Plaids out there so I don't think it is an outlier in any sense.

The only 21" that have been faster than his 21" are gutted.

I think it's likely that it all comes down to rotational mass being the most important variable. Forged lightweight 21" wheels (including perhaps the 1st gen Arachnids which I think were significantly lighter) will be better. (But forged lightweight 19" will be even lighter than the 21" . . .)