Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dragy times for Plaid and LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
216mph! The boys at ingenext have unlocked the plaid 😎
Standing mile in under 25 seconds? I'll take two! :p
I wonder why they did such a soft launch and if they were able to improve mph/et in the quarter mile or just simply unlock top speed?
The 0-60 time wasn't very impressive (for a Plaid, anyway). I wonder if their mods to unlock top speed "break" traction control or cause some other freak-outs if wheelspin is detected?

Main change is suspension geometry change (slight) which reduce "tire drag" a little bit at least that is what I intended to do with that and have worked

Also worth noting the driver on the 8.77 run was 60# lighter than me.

My personnal best today was 8.80 which is about 0.01 shy of what I wanted to do lol
Congrats! Great job on pushing the platform to its limits. What DA was that at? Sounds like the only thing you could do now is find some ridiculous high DA to help reduce drag a tiny bit? Do you have Dragy results for that run? Just curious if that track pushes the -1% downhill limit? Some tracks aren't exactly .99% downhill.

9BEEC219-058C-49ED-8330-9F64C506226B.png

Congrats! Great job on pushing the platform to its limits. What DA was that at? Sounds like the only thing you could do now is find some ridiculous high DA to help reduce drag a tiny bit? Do you have Dragy results for that run? Just curious if that track pushes the -1% downhill limit? Some tracks aren't exactly .99% downhill.
Napierville is a proper track built to meet NHRA regulations which allow no more than 1% downhill. They are NHRA affiliated so records set there do stand. My friend Nic Brunet preps the track there. As an aside he also owns the world's quickest 4 cylinder drag car (5.95 @230+mph, but that record was set at Orlando, FL). But no reason why this record should also not be recognised.

Napierville is a proper track built to meet NHRA regulations which allow no more than 1% downhill. They are NHRA affiliated so records set there do stand. My friend Nic Brunet preps the track there. As an aside he also owns the world's quickest 4 cylinder drag car (5.95 @230+mph, but that record was set at Orlando, FL). But no reason why this record should also not be recognised.
I wasn’t implying that the record shouldn’t stand. I was just wondering if the track pushes it right to that -.99% limit or not. I didn’t realize which track it was at. Some of the lesser tracks I have seen have a more flat or even uphill surface in some cases. Just trying to see if there is anything that could be done to make it any faster. It doesn’t sound like there is anything else that could really be done.