Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drive Electric Week

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On Sunday we attended the NDEW Expo in New London, NH. A relatively small town, yet the event was so well organized that I wouldn't be surprised if it takes top spot this year for attendance in New England. With an excellent venue, the area locals vastly outnumbered EV owners.
I was one of the organizers for the New London event. We had 26 EV's and around 300 people pass through, making it one of the biggest in New England (second only to Brookline @ the Larz Anderson Auto Museum, I believe).

This year we are holding it in White River Junction, VT on Saturday, 9/9 and plan to alternate between New London and the Upper Valley going forward.

Anyone interested in exhibiting or volunteering, please sign up here - National Drive Electric Week Event - White River Junction

Reactions: Jurnimon
I was one of the organizers for the New London event. We had 26 EV's and around 300 people pass through, making it one of the biggest in New England (second only to Brookline @ the Larz Anderson Auto Museum, I believe).

This year we are holding it in White River Junction, VT on Saturday, 9/9 and plan to alternate between New London and the Upper Valley going forward.

Anyone interested in exhibiting or volunteering, please sign up here - National Drive Electric Week Event - White River Junction

I'll see if I can make it up for your event! We are doing one here in Belmont, MA the following weekend.

Cambridge will have its first Drive Electric Week event, at Danehy Park on Saturday, September 16 from 11am - 4pm. I signed up with my X, and there's a Volt signed up as well. How about an S?

National Drive Electric Week Event - Cambridge

Wish I could add my S to the mix, Peter, but Belmont National Drive Electric event is on the same day and time. Next year lets coordinate so we can help each other's communities!

Shameless plug #2 - this year's event in WRJ is shaping up to be bigger than last year's in New London. We already have 26 vehicles, including several not seen last year (5 Bolts, 2 Smart EV's, and a Mitsubishi i-MiEV, electric motorcycles and bicycles), but the Teslas are underrepresented (2 S's, 2 X's, 1 Roadster). We need more Teslas signing up!

Shameless plug #2 - this year's event in WRJ is shaping up to be bigger than last year's in New London. We already have 26 vehicles, including several not seen last year (5 Bolts, 2 Smart EV's, and a Mitsubishi i-MiEV, electric motorcycles and bicycles), but the Teslas are underrepresented (2 S's, 2 X's, 1 Roadster). We need more Teslas signing up!
One last shameless plug - we're at 321 registered attendees, 37 vehicles, 14 models (actually more, that doesn't reflect a Zero Motorcycle and some electric bicycles that are coming), making our event the biggest by far in New England. 7 Teslas registered (4 S, 2 X, Roadster)

National Drive Electric Week Event - White River Junction

Wish I could add my S to the mix, Peter, but Belmont National Drive Electric event is on the same day and time. Next year lets coordinate so we can help each other's communities!

I'm not an organizer, I just signed up when I heard about it. And I was surprised to learn that Cambridge & Belmont did them the same day - I would think the NDEW organizers would do something to coordinate and/or consolidate events. Especially surprising because 2 years ago they couldn't even pull one event together in the Boston area, and last year Brookline's was the only one.

I'm not an organizer, I just signed up when I heard about it. And I was surprised to learn that Cambridge & Belmont did them the same day - I would think the NDEW organizers would do something to coordinate and/or consolidate events. Especially surprising because 2 years ago they couldn't even pull one event together in the Boston area, and last year Brookline's was the only one.

Even more confusing is that I just realized Cambridge has two events, this Saturday and a week later as part of Danehy Park Day on the 16th. I'm signed up for tomorrow - will be out of town next weekend.

September 9, 2:30-6:30, 7 cars registered including 1 S and 1 (my) X: National Drive Electric Week Event - Cambridge

September 16, 11-4, 15 cars registered including 1 S and 3 X's: National Drive Electric Week Event - Cambridge

Hey Folks,

Don't forget to add my SEPTEMBER 30 EVent in SHREWSBURY, MA at Hebert Candy Mansion off RT 20 from 10am to 3pm. People will likely stay longer than that though...have at least 7 Model X, 15 Model S, Roadster, two BMW I8, and the other usual EV's Bolt/Leaf hopefully the new version, Soul, Ford, BMW i3, conversions. Will have live music, vendors, will be fantastic turnout. My email is [email protected] in case people have questions... Enjoy all the events this month people !!!

Reactions: CTShore
Even more confusing is that I just realized Cambridge has two events, this Saturday and a week later as part of Danehy Park Day on the 16th. I'm signed up for tomorrow - will be out of town next weekend.

Hey, I was at the Danehy Park event too -- I don't think we formally met (I'm a bit shy that way), but I was the owner of the blue e-Golf wearing a green, long-sleeved polo shirt. I have to commend you for a fantastic showing of your X, from providing a clear, easy-to-understand description of what the car can do and your experience driving it, to showing off Summon features and even the Christmas easter egg. Also, the looks on the faces of those four kids who rode with you at the beginning as they jumped out of the car were PRICELESS... ear-to-ear grins on them all.

Hey, I was at the Danehy Park event too -- I don't think we formally met (I'm a bit shy that way), but I was the owner of the blue e-Golf wearing a green, long-sleeved polo shirt. I have to commend you for a fantastic showing of your X, from providing a clear, easy-to-understand description of what the car can do and your experience driving it, to showing off Summon features and even the Christmas easter egg. Also, the looks on the faces of those four kids who rode with you at the beginning as they jumped out of the car were PRICELESS... ear-to-ear grins on them all.

Thanks, @Bokonon. Nice to see you even if we didn't formally meet. I enjoyed giving the kids the ride - you should have heard them when I opened it up on Rt. 2 - I was lucky enough to get pole position at the traffic light! And then when I put it on autopilot on the way back...

It's that time of year again!

The Kearsarge/Upper Valley event is moving back to the New London Historical Society for its third year on Sunday Sept 9

We will have presentations from local solar installers, displays of electric lawn and garden equipment, cars, bicycles, and motorcycles. Demo rides from local EV oweners.

RAFFLE - first prize is a Radio Flyer Kid's Model S - $500 value. FREE RAFFLE TICKET if you pre-register here

We had over 300 attendees in 2016 (second biggest Drive Electric Week event in New England), and over 500 in 2017 (biggest by far in New England, and one of the largest Drive Electric Week events on the east coast!)

Pre-register today! National Drive Electric Week Event - New London

PS - We'd really like to get a Model 3. One of our organizers has one on order, but it won't arrive in time.

It's that time of year again!

The Kearsarge/Upper Valley event is moving back to the New London Historical Society for its third year on Sunday Sept 9

We will have presentations from local solar installers, displays of electric lawn and garden equipment, cars, bicycles, and motorcycles. Demo rides from local EV oweners.

RAFFLE - first prize is a Radio Flyer Kid's Model S - $500 value. FREE RAFFLE TICKET if you pre-register here

We had over 300 attendees in 2016 (second biggest Drive Electric Week event in New England), and over 500 in 2017 (biggest by far in New England, and one of the largest Drive Electric Week events on the east coast!)

Pre-register today! National Drive Electric Week Event - New London

PS - We'd really like to get a Model 3. One of our organizers has one on order, but it won't arrive in time.
Too late to edit - If you aren't interested in showing your car, please consider registering as a volunteer. We can always use more help at the event.

If we're plugging NDEW events, don't forget South Portland, ME on Sunday, September 16th.
National Drive Electric Week Event - South Portland

Also, for any persons-from-away, remember that the recently-opened Kennebunk Service Plaza Superchargers make it easy to get to South Portland and back. No better way to prove that BEVs can be long-distance vehicles than to have brought a BEV a long distance. ;)

Bring your 3, or S, or X or any other plug-in. Last year there was a good group of Tesla and other owners. You can talk to other Tesla owners about how awesome your Tesla is, show it off to non-Tesla owners and give them rides so that they _really_ get it.

If you're planning to go to a different event, remember that you aren't limited to one event, ...