Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drive X to work or leave it at home?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you own a Tesla, there's a good chance that it's gonna be better than your boss's car. And that's ok. It shows that you're forward thinking. In 5-10 years, everyone is gonna be driving electric cars. You're just ahead of the curve. Be proud of that. As early adopters, we all have a responsibility to evangelize the virtues of this amazing super car.

Heck, my boss is a member of the Automotive Dealers Association. I know he can't be too happy with Tesla, but it hasn't hurt my business relationship with him.

Good advice here. Also remember, the car isn't you. It's an inanimate material object, albeit a cool one. Like ppl say, could be borrowed, could be someone else's, could be yours but you sell it tomorrow. No worries.

I was a bit concerned driving the Volt to pick up the wife when she was getting her ICE car serviced. The service mgr commented that I haven't been in, in a while. I pointed to the Volt. Doesn't need much service. He laughed, pointed to his new full EV Spark. Same. He then proceeded to tell me about this car co called Tesla and how he has spec'd out his model 3. We talked about test drives and factory tours.

You never know what friends and family you'll make driving an EV / a Tesla. Enjoy the ride man.....

Thank you. I have Titanium too. My wife's choice, but I love it.
My wife was all over the white, but at Fremont test drive, she liked the Titanium, so hurrahh!! I was so glad to get outta white with all our past ICE cars (win/win). And my day-job company is also a Tesla supplier, so it's even better at the office. I work 4 minutes from the TM factory & chargers...whowa

Just go drive and enjoy yer new toy, well done on that decision!

• Love
Reactions: dapao
Drive it by all means! I've only seen a couple other Xs on the road here so we need as much exposure as we can get. After the first week or so people at work got used to seeing my X so it wasn't a big deal, plus they knew I had it on order for a long time.

I get the feeling. I work at a tech company where there is another Tesla and was still a little nervous about driving it to work. Everyone at work figured out whose car it was after a few days. Wouldn't trade the feeling and the joy I get out of driving it everyday, though. I literally get up everyday and look forward to driving to and from work (35 min commute). Yesterday I had to drive my wife's BMW and it felt like econobox rental cars used to after driving our BMW and Infiniti.