Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver’s headlight stopped working and with heavy condensation + left turn blinker blinking fast.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Nikz

Dec 15, 2022
CA
Hello,

My Model 3’s driver side headlight is not working, has heavy condensation, and then I noticed the left turn signal is blinking fast. Tesla’s estimate for headlight replacement and main front harness replacement is ~$2800 (parts alone are $1200+ for headlight and $1300+ for harness). Has anybody had this experience where the blinking went back to normal just after headlight replacement? Just hard to accept almost $3k for this.

Hello,

My Model 3’s driver side headlight is not working, has heavy condensation, and then I noticed the left turn signal is blinking fast. Tesla’s estimate for headlight replacement and main front harness replacement is ~$2800 (parts alone are $1200+ for headlight and $1300+ for harness). Has anybody had this experience where the blinking went back to normal just after headlight replacement? Just hard to accept almost $3k for this.

Upvote 0
If the headlight is not damaged and the car is under warranty I think you're good.

I had a ball bounce into my headlight on the highway and it was quoted at about $1100 to replace it.

If you're not under warranty or it was damaged, I would have them just replace the headlight and see if that fixes everything.

Upvote 0
Check for a bad fuse before replacing anything.
The car doesn’t have fuses.

Sounds like the light got a crack in it that allowed water intrusion, causing it to fail. Rapid blinker is a symptom of a filed light - it’s an indication to the driver that something is wrong with the turn signal - common on most vehicles. Based on the estimate, it sounds like the water has also started wicking down the wiring harness. This needs to be addressed immediately before more damage is done from water wicking through the vehicle’s wiring.

The repair estimate seems straight forward: replace the headlight and the damaged wiring.

Upvote 0