Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

driver crashes Model S into restaurant

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"She said she put her foot on the brake and the car jumped forward."

For this to happen, she must have really pushed down on that pedal. Why can't people just admit they pressed the wrong pedal instead of just claiming that the car magically did something completely different than what was commanded?

Sigh. Shouldn't need more than a light tap of the brakes in a parking stall anyway. Back to driving school for her.

Steve, my bad. The photo just didn't seem to add up. Interesting too that the two inside shots (one through the outside window looking in, didn't seem to match the wall conditions of the one taken from inside.

Deceptive imagery I guess. I tend to look for forgeries, as its often common in events people try to pass / get to go viral.

Steve, my bad. The photo just didn't seem to add up. Interesting too that the two inside shots (one through the outside window looking in, didn't seem to match the wall conditions of the one taken from inside.

Deceptive imagery I guess. I tend to look for forgeries, as its often common in events people try to pass / get to go viral.
I'm thinking those are paintings on the wall made to look like windows.

Well I might be a little more careful with my statements as you are presumably harboring the same DNA, see you soon in a situation you describe.

oh don't worry, I'm already royally screwed with the gene's I inherited from all 4 grandparents...let's see, uh they all had diabetes, one had 4 or 5 heart attacks, two strokes, lets see, what else - schizophrenia, breast cancer twice, hypertension/high blood pressure, a plethora of other stuff I can't pronounce or even attempt to spell, and one was putting bowls of cereal in the attic to "feed the little ghost boy". yea...I have a really bright future ahead of me. (just kill me now)

Well, the Instagram was clearly professionally photoshopped to enhance colors and possibly clean up the picture A LOT. Or, this could just be one early April 1st joke and the whole thing could be faked.

Just look at the difference between these two photos of the same scene:

Untitled picture.png

- - - Updated - - -

also, the one of the left looks white, and the one of the right looks silver.

Well, the Instagram was clearly professionally photoshopped to enhance colors and possibly clean up the picture A LOT. Or, this could just be one early April 1st joke and the whole thing could be faked.

View attachment 19231

- - - Updated - - -

Lol at "Instagram" and "professional"

View attachment 19231

- - - Updated - - -

My point exactly!

oh don't worry, I'm already royally screwed with the gene's I inherited from all 4 grandparents...let's see, uh they all had diabetes, one had 4 or 5 heart attacks, two strokes, lets see, what else - schizophrenia, breast cancer twice, hypertension/high blood pressure, a plethora of other stuff I can't pronounce or even attempt to spell, and one was putting bowls of cereal in the attic to "feed the little ghost boy". yea...I have a really bright future ahead of me. (just kill me now)

You are apparently also deficient in the politically correct gene. :wink:

Larry

Not going to ream you, it all depends on the 71 year old. My parents are 73 & 76. Own luxury cars and drive them fine (Lexus & Mercedes). Why not buy an electric car before their time is up? The car isn't hard to drive. This happens with ICE cars often, sometimes ending with disaster. At least this had no injuries/fatalities. This could have easily have happened to a 17 year old or a 35 year old.

highly doubt that, ya this situation apparently is a simple misplacement of foot to pedal but its pretty easy to distinguish which one is which

i can assure you that a 71 year old woman would have a substantially consolidated time trying to understand this technologically advanced vehicle, and im still surprised that a 71 year old woman was even avowed the chance to drive this car lol

elderly people are always the ones on the road driving odd....... and asians :tongue: jk

Last edited:
To the comment about photoshop and enhanced colors etc: Isn't the tweaking of the colors and the out-of-focus effect the annoying trade mark of instagram. It's 100% legit, look at the photos from the news article and how the debris is placed just the same on the hood...

And no, she didn't put her foot on the brake... But she must have gone from Park to Drive. In my current automatic car it's not possible to change gear from Park to any other mode if the foot is not on the brake. How is that set up in the Model S?