Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver door not opening electrically, only manual release

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have a strange problem, I cannot open the driver door unless I use the manual emergency release. Using the handle, button and app allplay the animation on screen and the window moves down, but the latch will not release. I already swapped the mechanism for a new one but still nothing.

Anyone have any idea what it could be? A bad control board somewhere?

Well, all I can think is that the button is electronic, while the safety handle is mechanical. If the button does not light up, then it could be a possible disconnection or a broken switch? Have you removed the door panel to check? Has Tesla quoted you a repair cost? Best of luck with that.

Well, all I can think is that the button is electronic, while the safety handle is mechanical. If the button does not light up, then it could be a possible disconnection or a broken switch? Have you removed the door panel to check? Has Tesla quoted you a repair cost? Best of luck with that.
The button does light up, everything else works normal but the door latch does not open. I already swapped the mechanism, so I guess the problem is either in the wiring loom or a control board.

How does the latch work? Do you apply 12v to it and it actuates? If so, does the one you removed operate if you apply 12v?

If that works, my next test would be to see if 12v appears at the actuator connector in the car when the button is pressed. Then keep working backwards.

How does the latch work? Do you apply 12v to it and it actuates? If so, does the one you removed operate if you apply 12v?

If that works, my next test would be to see if 12v appears at the actuator connector in the car when the button is pressed. Then keep working backwards.
Nope. The latch is mechanical, therefore no voltage. If his button is not lit, then it might be a faulty connection?

IMG_0463.jpeg

Maybe try a scroll wheel reset?
No help :/

This might be the way. Everything else works fine, all lights are lit as they should.