Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver door opening very slowly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks and sounds like that part is definitely malfunctioning. Maybe something with the rain is shorting it out and making the action very slow. Guessing it should pop out really fast so that the motorized hinge can then swing it open.

Yep, I know. Appointment made 2 wks from now. Just wondering if others have experienced and if so what was the fix.

Any update on this? I have the same issue as you video. Usually the ice breakers never come out as that is a back up system to when the door is stuck. You can see it in action, if the door opens quickly , the ice breakers stay retracted , but if the door stays shut or close to shut, the ice breaker extends and pushes the door open a inch or two so you can then pull it open.

I think the pop solenoids are either weak or someone mentioned a green retainer clip is out of position as the common cause they see

Any update on this? I have the same issue as you video.

Yes. It was repaired by mobile service. Invoice says 'Latch- Door - Front - LH - 2nd generation (Remove & Replace)'. The part is described as 'MX, FR DR LATCH SVC, LH(1126199-00-B)'. That was back in March but if I remember correctly, the tech said that the previous gen of that part was problematic and that my right door part had already been replaced (I assume when I had a window issue way back when). All working fine now and it's been 8 months.

• Informative
Reactions: Billstickers
Yes. It was repaired by mobile service. Invoice says 'Latch- Door - Front - LH - 2nd generation (Remove & Replace)'. The part is described as 'MX, FR DR LATCH SVC, LH(1126199-00-B)'. That was back in March but if I remember correctly, the tech said that the previous gen of that part was problematic and that my right door part had already been replaced (I assume when I had a window issue way back when). All working fine now and it's been 8 months.
How much was the repair? I'm having the same problem now and have an appointment in 2 weeks. Thanks in advance.

Update.

I figured out what was wrong. My window was not aligned and the molding was holding the door shut so when it was hot it opened easily but when it was cold it got stuck as the rubber seals were more rigid and just enough to hold the door closed. So after all the expensive parts thrown at it, drive motor, pop actuator, all it needed was just a simple adjustment and it was fixed