Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver Ed for Tesla first-timers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How does one learn to drive a Tesla? Do the showrooms offer Tesla 101 to newbies?
Is there a Quick-Start version of the Owner's Manual?

Any suggestions on reading to do pre-delivery? Would the M3 Owner's Manual be helpful or confusing?

What was the toughest aspect of adapting to Tesla driving?
What is the most fun?
What do you wish you knew before you bought yours?

Advice appreciated. Thanks.

Smiles,
/Leslie Ann

If you have a Tesla showroom nearby, test drive a Model 3. I've test driven a Model 3 twice -- one on their normal (short) test drive route and a second extended one on my normal commute.

Honestly, it was a bit intimidating at first -- being in the car with the salesperson and some friends who were test driving as well and not wanting to mess up in front of everyone. :)

Reactions: APotatoGod
Don't feel bad, i've had my MW LR AWD (with FSD) for 4 months and still have questions about AP, NOA, FSD and under which conditions TACC, autosteer, auto lane change apply to each. When MS and MX owners chime in about EAP I get even more confused.
You can treat it at first as a car (use the right hand stalk to shift gears).
And, later learn how to use this computer-on-wheel step-by-step. As an owner for over six months, I am still learning and reading pertinent sections of the features when I need to.
Finally, ask the forum members when I can’t figure something out (and to see forum members arguing about them. LOL).