Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver & Front Passenger Temp Controls

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I've noticed that every time I get into my MYP, I only see the temperature for the driver, not the front passenger. Basically, I have to keep SPLITTING the temperature each time.

Running on 2023.20.4.1 SW version and wondering if this is a glitch with others as well.

Thanks!

Your 2021+ cars switch the climate off on the passenger side when no one is sitting there. No point in showing the temp on the right side when there's no one.

With that said, even my 2020 model (that cannot switch the passenger vents off) also doesn't show the temperature controls on the right side unless I split. From memory it did show for my wife when she was in the car... Might have been a recent change, I have to say I never look at that.

Odd you say that because my wife's 2021 MYLR shows both temps from the get-go without having to SPLIT but maybe it's due to SW versions being different right now...

This reminds me that it is VERY important for people posting to describe their cars in their signature line. I'm off to do that now. Currently the FSDb cars are behind on the UI changes. So if you don't have FSDb and feel somewhat left out, at least compared to me, you have a 'better' car (several of the UI changes I want to hate my car less were already made available for non-FSD cars.)

Off to create a signature line for myself now. And trying to figure out how I'll remember to update it each time the car updates.

Reactions: Pianewman
It's an issue with my profile, apparently. When I switch to my wife's in the MYP, it shows both but when I transition back to mine, the dual temps go away.

Got a mobile service tech coming tomorrow to see if they can re-load the software to solve the issue amongst others. PRAYING TO ALL THAT'S HOLY that I can avoid a 40 mile hike to my nearest SC

I'd like to add my 2 cents too.
I mostly drive alone, and in 90+F weather single driver's vent is simply inadequate.
For the most part, i turn the passenger one on, AND turn the REAR on.
Is there a way to automate that so that i don't have to manually do that , or keep all these things ON at all time ?

So I've noticed that every time I get into my MYP, I only see the temperature for the driver, not the front passenger. Basically, I have to keep SPLITTING the temperature each time.

Running on 2023.20.4.1 SW version and wondering if this is a glitch with others as well.

Thanks!
This is literally one of the only changes in this update. It will no longer show the passenger controls unless someone is sitting there:

The app launcher at the bottom of the screen will now only display the driver's climate setting if there is no one sitting in the passenger seat.

If someone sits in the passenger seat, the passenger temperature setting will automatically appear.

Reactions: bicar
I'd like to add my 2 cents too.
I mostly drive alone, and in 90+F weather single driver's vent is simply inadequate.
For the most part, i turn the passenger one on, AND turn the REAR on.
Is there a way to automate that so that i don't have to manually do that , or keep all these things ON at all time ?
I find the same. I don’t care about efficiency, I want max comfort. I always turn on the passenger side but didn’t know you could do the back. Where do I look for that option? Same place as rear heated seats?

This is literally one of the only changes in this update. It will no longer show the passenger controls unless someone is sitting there:

The app launcher at the bottom of the screen will now only display the driver's climate setting if there is no one sitting in the passenger seat.

If someone sits in the passenger seat, the passenger temperature setting will automatically appear.
This is true. I have also found that it is permanently split. There doesn’t seem to be a way to adjust the drivers side and passenger side at the same time when the passenger is in the car. Unless I am missing something?