Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver Profiles with saved preferences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok so I've only had the car 5 days so forgive me if this is a typical 'noobie' question...

In previous cars, I have created separate accounts for both me and the Mrs and assigned them to specific keys. When either of us got in the car using our assigned keys, the seat, wheel and mirrors would change (as expected) but so would general system preferences, radio stations and general vehicle settings (wheel weight, throttle response, safety features etc...). What I've found so far is that when switching between driver profiles on the Tesla Model 3, the only thing that really changes is the seat, wheel and mirrors... all other settings (climate, radio etc...) remain as per the last person to drive the car.

Am I doing something wrong or is that just how it is?

Ok so I've only had the car 5 days so forgive me if this is a typical 'noobie' question...

In previous cars, I have created separate accounts for both me and the Mrs and assigned them to specific keys. When either of us got in the car using our assigned keys, the seat, wheel and mirrors would change (as expected) but so would general system preferences, radio stations and general vehicle settings (wheel weight, throttle response, safety features etc...). What I've found so far is that when switching between driver profiles on the Tesla Model 3, the only thing that really changes is the seat, wheel and mirrors... all other settings (climate, radio etc...) remain as per the last person to drive the car.

I'm new also and I am surprised at the radio not being assigned to a driver profile, all the tech this car has I'm really surprised, my 2008 Cadillac did that. But my new model y doesn't go figure I guess

Upvote 0

No, Climate preferences and Media playback are supposed to change as well. At least mine does.

Upvote 0