Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver side door wont open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Car is a year old. Pushing the handle on the outside causes the motor to turn but the door doesnt pop open.
Using the controls on the inside and touching the driver door causes the motor to turn but door doesnt pop open.

Only want to open the door is from the inside by pulling the handle. Even that it isnt smooth.

I have a SC appointment on Tuesday, 4 long days of inconvenience. Just thought maybe someone else had this experience and maybe had a home brew fix.

Just got a new X last week, today, both the front doors (Driver and Passenger) will not automatically close.. I can hear the actuators for both doors - they auto open, but, won't close unless fairly close to the body (just enough to slide in to the front seats, if that).

Had to visit the nearby service center earlier this week to show them some of the issue from delivery (chrome trim bulging by rear passenger window, and rear bumper on driver's side not flush with wheel arch covers)

Just got a new X last week, today, both the front doors (Driver and Passenger) will not automatically close.. I can hear the actuators for both doors - they auto open, but, won't close unless fairly close to the body (just enough to slide in to the front seats, if that).

Had to visit the nearby service center earlier this week to show them some of the issue from delivery (chrome trim bulging by rear passenger window, and rear bumper on driver's side not flush with wheel arch covers)

It's amazing how common these issues are...I have the same chrome trim and bumper issue.

It's amazing how common these issues are...I have the same chrome trim and bumper issue.

When was yours built? I purchased an Inventory model to get the Free Supercharging (and very nice discount), luckily, it's still less than what it would be with the price change. Mine was built in March if I remember correctly.

:[ got my 2016 p90DL like 3 weeks ago. dropped it off last wednesday and they said they had to order a part that will not arrive until this Friday. Found out today that the loaner I got will not super charge, and theyre out :/ miss my mx

I had a problem earlier this week where the driver's door continually tried to close even if it was already shut. Every 15 seconds it would click-click. I was worried it would run the battery down overnight at a friend's house where I would be staying for a funeral. Spent 45 minutes on hold waiting to talk to someone who did a decent job asking me to reset everything. Seems the "big" reset is just powering down the car for two minutes. (couldn't get an answer as to why two minutes) The issue continued even with the car fully locked and my key fob inside the house.

Couldn't get an appointment for nearly two weeks and that ended up being a less convenient location. The day after the funeral the clicking stopped on it's own.

Another intermittent problem Tesla will never fix.

• Informative
Reactions: Petrocelli
Just started tonight and of course I am 3,000 miles past the 50,000 mile warranty where I elected to not buy up. I figured that since I put om 53k miles in 23 months that to make it worth the extra $4k in two years, something big would have to happen I didn't think I would have any issues. Yes, I am naive apparently.

Just started tonight and of course I am 3,000 miles past the 50,000 mile warranty where I elected to not buy up. I figured that since I put om 53k miles in 23 months that to make it worth the extra $4k in two years, something big would have to happen I didn't think I would have any issues. Yes, I am naive apparently.

This just happened to my driver side door (2018 100D w/40k miles). Still under warranty but I’m afraid the passenger side will go out after warranty expires.

Please let us know what Tesla charges to replace yours.