TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Driver-side window auto-open/close not working

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by wayne530, Apr 16, 2018.

Tags:
  1. wayne530

wayne530 New Member

I noticed the driver-side window auto-open/close (lifting the button all the way, or pushing it all the way down) wasn't working. It was operating like the manual open/close setting where it would stop after letting go of the button. Got a tip to sit in the car with the door shut, put the window all the way down, lift and hold the button to close the window all the way, then once closed, hold the button up for another 5 seconds. It does some sort of recalibration on the window controller and seemed to fix the issue for me. Hope this helps others that run into this problem! :)

• Informative x 3
  2. superlum

superlum Supporting Member

Wow this just happened on Model X and that trick worked! Thank you!!

3. Toast

Toast Member

I’ll second the thanks- just had the regulators replaced in my model 3 with mobile service (I hadn’t had issues- but apparently some recall issue with them not being fully waterproff)

But the auto close wasn’t working- just did what you said and working like a charm

4. BioSehnsucht

BioSehnsucht Model 3 LR

Just discovered I had the same problem today, and the solution is the same. auto up/down wasn't working on both driver's windows but passengers worked fine. Doing this procedure got them all working. though now I've noticed strangely that the passenger front window doesn't go down as far as my driver front window ... it's like 1cm difference maybe.

5. Glamisduner

Glamisduner Member

Must be the same controller they used in my ford focus. I once had to re-do all 4 doors.