Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver side window not flush with b pillar

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20231013_075708.jpg

Anyone had the same issue and got it fixed by tesla service? 😀

If it's a new car it will settle in as the gasket breaks in.

Mine was the same.

If it doesn't, I'm sure Tesla will take care of it. I'd put in a service request now though, that way you lock in a record of the problem.
It got gradually worse and became more noticeable over time. The car currently has just shy of 13000 miles on it. I have submitted a service request and booked an appointment for next week. Any idea what Tesla service might do to rectify the issue? 😀

How's the door alignment? Does the striker plate need to be moved inward a bit?

Does the window slide into the channel at the top?
As far as I know, door alignment is flush. I am not sure about the striker plate position but it doesnt look too bad compared to the passenger side.
Window slides into the channel for now; I am worried it may not later on if the glass pane somehow protrudes more.

Attachments

• 20231016_065653.jpg
    20231016_065653.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 86
  • 20231016_065927.jpg
    20231016_065927.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 83
  • 20231016_065602.jpg
    20231016_065602.jpg
    290.4 KB · Views: 78
  • 20231016_065743.jpg
    20231016_065743.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 85
Jazza: Still can't tell how the window sits.

We need 2 more photos (driver's and passenger's side), with your camera/phone up against the rear window, looking forward, to show how the window sits against the rubber seal.

HAHA! I just checked BOTH my doors, and I can see the edge of the laminated glass on both of them. In fact, my driver's side glass protrudes similar to the OP's window.

Since it is the following, and not the leading, edge, it is not a problem. It's not even a cosmetic issue, as far as I'm concerned. It seals, it doesn't whistle...

HAHA! I just checked BOTH my doors, and I can see the edge of the laminated glass on both of them. In fact, my driver's side glass protrudes similar to the OP's window.

Since it is the following, and not the leading, edge, it is not a problem. It's not even a cosmetic issue, as far as
On mine it was sticking out lake the OPs when new, but as the gasket settled inn now It's almost flush. I don't think it will ever be completely flush because I think the gasket was deigned for the original non laminated glass, which is a little thinner.

I do however consider the OPs issue to be a cosmetic problem, as it's sticking out pretty far, but I agree, if it's not leaking air or water past the gasket, it's not a functional issue.