Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

driver's side view mirror does not fully extend/unfold

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My MX driver's side view mirror does not fully extend/unfold. Is it something that can be adjusted from the main screen/car or time to see the service center?
Can you pull it open by hand? Sometimes they get hung up and just need a little help. If it is more chronic than that, open a service ticket. If you live in a cold climate, be sure to disable auto-fold before it freezes.

Can you pull it open by hand? Sometimes they get hung up and just need a little help. If it is more chronic than that, open a service ticket. If you live in a cold climate, be sure to disable auto-fold before it freezes.
It was colder this morning (about low 40's here in northern CA). I just went outside warmer now in the high 50's and tried it again. At first, it still open only partially like in this morning. But after a couple tries, it fully opens now. Seems a bit unusual for it to be stuck at that low temp high 30's-low 40's. Thank you much

Is this issue temperature related? I am experiencing the exact same thing...driver side mirror is not unfolding. The passenger side mirror is working however so leaves me to believe it's not temperature related. Temps here in TX are upper 30's to mid 40's.

Is this issue temperature related? I am experiencing the exact same thing...driver side mirror is not unfolding. The passenger side mirror is working however so leaves me to believe it's not temperature related. Temps here in TX are upper 30's to mid 40's.
I found out it's not temperature related because it is doing the same in warmer temp.
I got a quote from Tesla and it was around $800 to replace it so I decided to just not have it folded for now.

This morning the mobile tech came to install the camera, I told him about the mirror and he lubricated (both) for me. The driver side mirror is working now, folding and unfolding fully. Hopefully that was all it needed.

That happened to me (for the first time) this morning. (My car has only 1,500 miles on it.) When I used the car again, everything was working again.

I have occasionally been losing park assist, blindspot, lane-keeping, regen braking, etc. Reboot doesn't help, but the car resets itself after not driving for a while. Telsa technician thinks I may have an intermittent loose connection.

Has anyone else had this issue?