Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drivetrain needs service, please dont’t accelerate too fast.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My second had Tesla X P100D was just delivered two days ago.
After a acceleration (not from start) in ludicrous mode, yesterday, the display shows the above message.

Now it’s weekend. No service centre’s are open. And nobody seems to know how serious this is and how to fix it at this time.

Can anyone help.

Attachments

• 5334ACAC-07A8-4E00-8247-176FC2ACCF1E.jpeg
    5334ACAC-07A8-4E00-8247-176FC2ACCF1E.jpeg
    59.1 KB · Views: 297
  • Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
Not serious enough to be worried about it. Make a Service-appointment via the app. Keep driving but avoid flooring it. Accelerate normally and you’ll be fine.
It‘s only a „yellow“ alert a.k.a it’s a warning. Fatal issues are red.

Ludicrous launches put an enormous strain on the driveline. Image all that torque being released at once. Imagine the stresses on the materials that it causes. In your case, it could be a battery cooling issue or something mechanical.

Do you not know who @verygreen is? Also, did you not see OP's response?
He's not wrong that DIS is the slave inverter for the front unit and DI is the main unit inverter and they both typically indicate errors errors respective to their DUs (and I don't know how I mixed them up or why).

But I think when you have rear DU fault you cannot really drive and DI at times seems to still indicate front DU issues, e.g. all sorts of "one pedal driving" that are only available when you have PM front drive unit (see "Drive Inverter Fault: One Pedal Driving module is unavailable").

Wold be interesting to see which one did they actually replace as per the invoice,

Reactions: mxnym
Just got the DI_w147 greeting message. So when this pops up, are they usually replacing the drive unit under warranty, with no cost for the owner?
1714080634884.png

Funny thing is that in the same time I received another nice couple: PM_w041_dasMIA & APS_w134_appMia.

I called Tesla support and told them about the codes, and the nice lady told me "For your 2017 P100D Tesla MX it is normal to have these codes when the 12V battery needs to be replaced. Just schedule a service appointment and all will be solved". I have never mentioned my car is 2017 so I guess they identified me based on my phone number, After few minutes I got an email asking me how was my experience with Tesla Support even if I have not shared during the call any personal information :oops: