Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driving and charging history

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have my M3 in the shop for repainting and the painter has been out for a couple of weeks with a family emergency.

Is there some way to see how much charge is remaining and what driving activity has been from the app?

What Soul Surfer said. You can see your cars information in the Tesla app on your phone. SOC, tire pressure, location, etc. If you don't have premium you could always buy, I think they do it as a monthly too, not sure I signed up for the annual.

• Disagree
Reactions: E90alex
If your vehicle has premium connectivity enabled you should see this, otherwise you’d be SOL unless the shop has WiFi and it’s connected.
100% wrong. You can access the car using the app with just standard connectivity.

I don’t have premium connectivity and can connect to my car just fine. You only lose live view sentry camera feed in the app, everything else in the app works.

If you can’t connect to the car with your app then the shop may have disconnected the 12V
or disabled app access so you don’t accidentally mess with the car while it’s being worked on.

This is right, the body shop might have set the car in Service Mode, so your phone App will not be able to access your car.

Before giving my car to the body shop, I set it in Valet mode and limited the speed to the minimum.
But the body shop asked me to come over or to give them the valet mode code because they were not able to set the Service Mode.

Maybe you should stop by, and ask some one to plug your car, or if they don't have a wall charger, bring your own UMC.

Before this turns into a disagree war.....

(In the US, where the OP of this thread indicates they are......)

1. Premium connectivity is not required to connect to the Tesla app, so provided the shop did not disconnect the 12V or Put the car in service mode, one should be able to see state of charge without premium connectivity.

2. Seeing live view cameras requires premium connectivity, but I dont see where the OP asked about live view cameras. They asked about state of charge, and driving activity.

3. Unless the car is disconnected from 12v or in service mode, one could see LIVE driving activity, and should be able to see car location, without premium connectivity. I am not aware of a way to see historical driving information in the tesla app, or without using a third party software application (like stats, or teslafi, or Teslamate, any of the other popular third party applications.

I have no idea if things are different for what is and isnt available in the Tesla app outside the US, except to know that there have been some verifiable differences with Tesla features in different countries

I dont remember reading anywhere that premium connectivity was needed to see vehicle state of charge, though, and "driving activity" would depend on what is ment by that. It usually doesnt mean seeing the sentry mode cameras while parked, though (which requires premium connectivity).