TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Driving from The east coast to San jose viA I80

Discussion in 'TMC Connect' started by Modelxvin1365, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Modelxvin1365

Modelxvin1365 Member

At the most recent shareholders event Elon mentioned that by the end of the year he is planning to take a trip from the west coast to the east coast to prove viability . In addition he said that the supercharger network will be complete In which model s owners could drive east to west and vise versa for free:love:. I was wondering has anybody considered driving from the east coast to the west cost for the next Tesla Live conference and keeping a daily blog of how much gas and c02 outputted into the atmosphere and comparing it with the model s? I thought about it but i was on the wait list for the conference and just got confirmed two weeks ago. Too short for such a epic road-trip but definitely on the agenda for next year!!

2. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

At least one Model S owner is trying to drive across the continent to Fremont this year.

3. aaron.s

aaron.s Member

All -

I am **TOTALLY** game on doing this next year!!!

Aaron

4. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

With Superchargers in place that would be a much easier and pleasant trip than going from RV park to RV park. Would be a great trip though.

5. wycolo

wycolo Active Member

Do oneself a favor and avoid Chicago by aiming for Danville, IL > Springfield, IL > Hannibal, MO > St Joseph, MO > Nebraska City, NE > Lincoln, NE.
    --

6. Modelxvin1365

Modelxvin1365 Member

is the member from tmc?

7. MikeL

MikeL some guy

I live at the corner of I-15 & I-80. You are ALL 100% welcome to drop by (pick me up!)

fyi Elon's winter 2013 trip is LA to NYC, the route for which heads East on I-70 where it connects to I-15, 3 hrs south of here :-(.
    the full I-80 SuperCharger route thru Wyoming/Utah/Nevada is 2014, hope! That will be So GREAT!! ML

8. bluetinc

bluetinc Member

I've also been thinking about doing this next year. It would be a lot of fun to do east to west with Superchargers!

Peter

9. elecblue

elecblue Member

Singapore (for next 2 years) previously Chicago, I
    Hey now - what's wrong with Chicago? We have good pizza here!

Also, there have already been several X-Country road trips with an S. Lots of RV parks.

10. brianstorms

brianstorms Member

I'm partial to Papa Del's Pizza in Champaign-Urbana, but I trust there's good pizza a few hours' north too. :)

11. aaron.s

aaron.s Member

Peter....

The ULTIMATE @TeslaRoadTrip road trip!!!!

You and your car are old hands at this!

Aaron

12. bluetinc

bluetinc Member

It would just be so awesome to have a group make the trip this time!

Peter

13. Bugeater

Bugeater Member

May - June, my wife and I drove from a few miles away from the Tesla headquarters on a 3 week trip in our Model S. We traveled 5540 miles altogether!
    We headed up I5 to Portland. My brother lives there. Then across to Yellowstone and down to Denver. Across Kansas to Kansas City. My wife has a
    sister there. Then we headed back to Denver, down to Albuquerque and on to Grand Canyon. Then to Las Vegas. From there we hit superchargers all
    the way back home.
    If it gets printed in time I have a photo book of the trip that we will bring to TESLIVE!
    After TESLIVE I plan to put the photos on the web along with a Google Map of the places we stopped and charged.

- - - Updated - - -

MikeL,
    I guess we went by your house then, because we were heading east on I-80 and turned south on I-15 to Denver!

14. ModelS1079

ModelS1079 Member

And, so you did.
    Amazing.