Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driving to Springfield

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am going to be traveling to Springfield, MO in a couple of weeks. Does anyone have experience with vehicle charging in Springfield. I found one public charger located in the central city complex at 290 E. Central St.

No hotels nearby though. I may have to park there and get a cab or shuttle to a hotel. Any other ideas?

Last edited:
I am going to be traveling to Springfield, MO in a couple of weeks. Does anyone have experience with vehicle charging in Springfield. I found one public charger located in the central city complex at 290 E. Central St.

No hotels nearby though. I may have to park there and get a cab or shuttle to a hotel. Any other ideas?
Hi,
I live in Nixa, just 6 miles south of Springfield and I have a HPWC you're welcome to use assuming I'm home. The public charger is a free 30 amp charger and the photos you found were probably the ones I took of it. It gets little or no use other than by a Volt owner who works there and has said that he doesn't mind others unplugging it if they need a charge.

I've also posted (on various EV charger apps) the RV boxes at Mercy Hospital of which they have 4 with NEMA 14-50 outlets and rarely more than 1-2 in use at any given time. Let me know if you can't find them on the apps and I'll send you directions.

I'd love to meet up with you when you come down and get some side by side photos of our cars...it'll be the first time 2 Tesla's have been together in Springfield, MO!