Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DU warranty expires soon, can I get it checked out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2014 P85, DU warranty expires this month. Nothing wrong but wondering if Tesla will “check it out” to see if it can be replaced since the warranty will expire this month. Or is there another way to say it, has anyone tried this?

I have a 2014 P85, DU warranty expires this month. Nothing wrong but wondering if Tesla will “check it out” to see if it can be replaced since the warranty will expire this month. Or is there another way to say it, has anyone tried this?
Tesla won’t do anything for you. There is really nothing to “check” and if it isn’t presenting an issue, they are going to want to avoid the warranty replacement.

You could maybe try an independent 3rd party EV shop like the Electrified Garage depending on your location.

Reactions: 2101Guy

Here is a video that @ajbessinger provided on how to check for one of the most common failures in those motors so that it can be fixed before it totally fails.

You can review this post/thread for more details.