Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dyson cancels the electric car projects!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone actually seen any concrete evidence that this was a legitimate project, e.g. pictures of the car? According to the BBC article "The first cars had already been developed and were being tested" on a "£200m ... test track" and "the project employed 523 people". But none of the news articles I've seen have actually shown any evidence for this.
As of April this year there were two converted hangars and a car park for people working there but not much in terms of a test track other than some new Tarmac laid on the existing perimeter roads, which could have been the start of a test track.

I doubt in 6 months they were wnywhere near completing the full test track facilities they were planning.

As of April this year there were two converted hangars and a car park for people working there but not much in terms of a test track other than some new Tarmac laid on the existing perimeter roads, which could have been the start of a test track.

I doubt in 6 months they were wnywhere near completing the full test track facilities they were planning.
Think its Lower Stanton St Quintin where the land he owns. I have passed it a few times but does not look any different. Maybe a new road surface and white lines

Has anyone actually seen any concrete evidence that this was a legitimate project, e.g. pictures of the car? According to the BBC article "The first cars had already been developed and were being tested" on a "£200m ... test track" and "the project employed 523 people". But none of the news articles I've seen have actually shown any evidence for this.

Need to get to the root of the issue here as there was a huge amount marketing spin. No blade should be left unturned. Let’s Untangle-free through the jargon and purify the air.

I know two people who work at Dyson, although not well enough to go asking questions especially with Dysons secrecy. Knowing their background, I would almost certainly have said that at least one of them was working on the EV project if not both and he would not have jumped ship unless there was something very real going on and he is based at Hullavington. I'll keep an eye on their info on LinkedIn. I may be able to get some info this week.