Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Early Access Program Invite

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone on the S forum just did. This is the first time in over three years I have seen anyone post the fact that they have gotten an invitation. Now two in one day? Assuming most who received the invitation didn't post that fact, I would have to speculate that they are expanding the program significantly.

I'm pretty sure the first rule of the early access program is that you don't talk about the early access program...
But what’s the second rule?

I don’t think I’ll be joining. I have a pretty specific use case that TeslaFi solves for me. It’s a first world problem for sure but then again so is not having access to the early access lol

I also received the email invite early this AM Oct 2, 2018, 12:49 AM EST and then less than a few hours later I had the software update to Version 9 on my M3. I'm in the car doing the update right now. I only have 5200 miles on my car that I picked up in June so I don't do a lot of driving. Although I would say two-thirds of that is an autopilot.

They also made a mistake and sent a second email with all the email addresses cc'd (from what I quickly saw it was a lot hundreds if not thousands) and they sent the 3rd email right away saying all the emails have been moved to blind cc.....lol

Just received invite myself late last night (CST)
I dont think there is anything wrong with sharing you were invited, you just cannot share your experiences.

Reactions: emorog
I think that makes sense. As you greatly increase your userbase, that original X number of early users becomes too small to be meaningful. I could definitely see them creating an alpha test group of the real die hard super users and then a larger beta group of testers.

I got one as well but my car is in the shop all week getting PPF, so probably not joining. Maybe next week if v9 isn't more widely available by then. My guess is they are vastly expanding to volunteers since it is such a big update. I wonder if it is a one time deal for v9 or if it will continue for other future updates

I got one last week and signed up. You should if you want to get some fun things.

You misspelled "be a guinea pig".

It seems as though Tesla is trying to get more feedback before pushing this out in the wild. Not sure if that is good or bad. If they feel they need more data points that would normally indicate that they've had some anomalous data coming back but it's a really small sample size and they don't want to derail the release over it so they want more data.