Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Early Delivery E-Mail

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday I received an email from an employee in Freemont about getting a MS by the end of the month. I have an order in for a car to be delivered in December. I'm in South Florida, so I'm assuming they are trying to push an inventory car on me, which I wouldn't be against taking early if they offer a nice incentive; but then I think if it was an inventory car, that the DS would have called me directly. Maybe the plant is not operating at full capacity and they want to make the end of quarter goals? Anyone else had a similar experience? If so what was the outcome?

Yes. I got a phone call yesterday afternoon, guy in Fremont. He said they were able to push my car to production delivered early, I'm also in Florida and had to leave my delivery until November. Long story short, he found a inventory car with the exact same specs and waived the destination fee of $1200. It was enough for me to bite now.

Even though I have my "contact" preferences set to email, I've received at least four calls since the beginning of September. The calls are then followed up by emails. I can understand they are eager to meet their 3rd quarter goals but I'm not interested in moving my delivery up as I'm looking to have some driveway work done and don't want to take delivery until that work has been completed.

Even though I have my "contact" preferences set to email, I've received at least four calls since the beginning of September. The calls are then followed up by emails. I can understand they are eager to meet their 3rd quarter goals but I'm not interested in moving my delivery up as I'm looking to have some driveway work done and don't want to take delivery until that work has been completed.

Has everyone been offered inventory cars at destetation fee discount?

Curious if they are moving you up in line vs matching you to an inventory car.

Beginning of tesla negoating prices?

Has everyone been offered inventory cars at destetation fee discount?

Curious if they are moving you up in line vs matching you to an inventory car.

Beginning of tesla negoating prices?
I told them repeatedly that I wasn't interested in moving up my delivery so they haven't offered an inventory or any other incentives yet. Originally, I had planned a late September- early October delivery with the hope of such an offer but when I found out how much time it would take for the driveway project, I decided to hold off a bit longer as I don't want to park my new car on the street for 4 to 6 weeks.

I told them repeatedly that I wasn't interested in moving up my delivery so they haven't offered an inventory or any other incentives yet. Originally, I had planned a late September- early October delivery with the hope of such an offer but when I found out how much time it would take for the driveway project, I decided to hold off a bit longer as I don't want to park my new car on the street for 4 to 6 weeks.

Be sure to post pics of the driveway. Sounds like quite the project.

Be sure to post pics of the driveway. Sounds like quite the project.
Lol. The first quote came in 3 times what I was hoping to spend. I was hoping to put in pavers but at $15 a foot for approximately 3000 square feet, they wanted $45,000! Needless to say, I'm going to get a few more estimates.

I put in a smaller paver patio myself a few years ago and it only cost me about $1500 or maybe $2 to $3 a square foot.

I have a MS scheduled for late Nov, early Dec and got the same call from the factory. Waived destination / delivery fees if I agreed to take delivery this month. They mentioned there was factory capacity for the specific configuration I ordered. I agreed and got the VIN email a few hours later, but it isn't on EV-CPO, so I assume it isn't an inventory car.