Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Early Model S questions... Please help.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Guys,

Couple of quick questions about the 2016.5 P100D Model S questions:

1. If the Cold Weather package is not listed on the "Additional Vehicle Information" screen, does that mean the car definitely doesn't have the package? If not, how to confirm for sure that it's not there without access to the Tesla account?

2. If the badge of the car is missing P100D underline, but the cluster screen says, "P100D" with the underline... How do I confirm the car has the Ludicrous feature without the Tesla account?

Thank you for your help!

Since you’re talking about the screen, assume you have access to the car. If so, then see if there are rear seat bum warmers on the HVAC screen. If so, you have Sub Zero.
As far as Ludicrous, look under the Driving menu to see if it’s there vs just Insane.

Reactions: Fragger
Thank you for your response. No I don't always have access to these cars directly, I'm on the mercy of dealers and such, who are not super motivated to follow a dozen of my requests to verify some info.

So first question is: Is it even possible to have Subzero package without the Additional Vehicle Information pop up showing it?

I suppose these are MCU screens but they don't have a tab for Climate. Where exactly is the HVAC menu? I also don't see a Driving tab for Ludicrous option.

Possible screens I see for these two options from the pictures are "Controls" and "Vehicle" tabs.

Are those correct?

I’m not certain, but the Subzero Cold Weather package might have been standard on the 2016 P100D (optional on the other trim lines). You can access the climate control (HVAC) menu by tapping the temperature on the touchscreen.

The Driving menu is under Controls > Driving. If the instrument cluster shows the P100D with an underline, you probably have Ludicrous.

Reactions: Fragger