Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Easiest way to set up for DashCam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Currently a 16GB key has more than plenty of space given only 3 cameras are in use... (4GB was plenty big enough when it was only 1 camera in use).

1.8GB is about what the full hour each camera will record before overwriting itself takes up... so 16GB would give you all 3 cameras using about 5.4GB, and leave you enough space to "save" another almost 2 more hours from all 3 cameras (in 10 minute clips as that's what it saves each time you 'save')

Thank you!

As it happens, I was placing an Amazon order and saw a 128GB stick on sale for like $18, so I got it. Sounds like it's WAY overkill, but oh well :)

Thank you!

As it happens, I was placing an Amazon order and saw a 128GB stick on sale for like $18, so I got it. Sounds like it's WAY overkill, but oh well :)

For dashcam 128GB is huge overkill....for sentry mode it may not be if you routinely park/use sentry mode in places where a lot of people are walking near the car and it's triggering very often since it's going to be saving a LOT of 10 minute clips in such cases.

I had an 8GB drive fill-up with just today's 1 hr of driving. Wife saved one event to show me road flooding.
Luckily, my new 128GB drive just arrived and is now in the port. It'll be interesting to see if it fills up or if Tesla came up with the amazing idea of rotating the videos like they did for dash cam.
I noticed there were quite a few saved videos from sentry while it was raining.

Currently a 16GB key has more than plenty of space given only 3 cameras are in use... (4GB was plenty big enough when it was only 1 camera in use).

1.8GB is about what the full hour each camera will record before overwriting itself takes up... so 16GB would give you all 3 cameras using about 5.4GB, and leave you enough space to "save" another almost 2 more hours from all 3 cameras (in 10 minute clips as that's what it saves each time you 'save')
Memory is cheap. 32gb is negligible

That's a very clean solution- but if you don't need especially fast charging then a $10-20 4 port hub gets you all the same stuff in an even smaller/cleaner package for a lot lower cost rather than a $120 battery pack with hub in which the battery will eventually wear out from constant charge/discharge cycles.

That's a very clean solution- but if you don't need especially fast charging then a $10-20 4 port hub gets you all the same stuff in an even smaller/cleaner package for a lot lower cost rather than a $120 battery pack with hub in which the battery will eventually wear out from constant charge/discharge cycles.
For sure. I like pack solution since it adds fast charging. But if you just want a compact USB splitter I've used this one. Sabrent Hub
It makes for a clean split with no extra wires.

For those interested, there is an Android App called TeslaCam Viewer on the PlayStore, you plug in your flash drive in your phone with an OTG adapter and you can watch the recorded videos at 2x speed (all three cameras playing simultaneously side by side) well organised by date, with possibility to save and share it.