Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Easily accessible 12V power below dash?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a phone mount in my new Model Y. I know, you aren't supposed to want a phone mount in a Tesla. But I like my phone, I like the audio and messaging UI I've been using for years, and you'll pry Google Maps away only from my rotting dead fingers. But power is a problem, because I don't like that I have to run a USB cable down into the center console where it blocks the door from closing and otherwise gets hung up on stuff.

There is a ton of space behind the display and under the dash, though. Thus the question: Is there easy access to ~3A of 12V power somewhere under the dash? There's nothing exposed, but I'm hoping there's a connector hidden there that someone knows about.

I have a phone mount in my new Model Y. I know, you aren't supposed to want a phone mount in a Tesla. But I like my phone, I like the audio and messaging UI I've been using for years, and you'll pry Google Maps away only from my rotting dead fingers. But power is a problem, because I don't like that I have to run a USB cable down into the center console where it blocks the door from closing and otherwise gets hung up on stuff.

There is a ton of space behind the display and under the dash, though. Thus the question: Is there easy access to ~3A of 12V power somewhere under the dash? There's nothing exposed, but I'm hoping there's a connector hidden there that someone knows about.
Did you ever get the wire routed? I'm in the same boat; I have no issues plugging into the center console, however, I would like to avoid any visible wires as much as possible.