Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

East side Cleveland, How do we get a supercharger?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So this year i have seen a lot of superchargers popping up around Cleveland. There's going to be one downtown, one in Strongsville, one in Sheffield, already one in Twinsburg. How do we get Tesla to place on somewhere on the east side? There is nothing from Cleveland to Erie, PA.

Is there a process for recommending Superchargers or what allows Tesla to decide where these go?

If you are in Cleveland why are you worried about having superchargers there?
I traveled thru there a few weeks ago in the wife's ICE and when we got home looked into I80 from the midwest to NJ and was pleasantly surprised to see the expansion that has happened in the few months since I got my car.

Then again I see the supercharger network as a perk that lets me roadtrip, that attitude lets me appreciate what I do have.....

@jaguar36 I'm curious about what you disagree with.
Is it that Cleveland and Erie are a little over 100 miles apart? Google maps agrees with me.
Is it that I don't want any more traffic on route 306? I can assure you that I don't want any more traffic.
Is it that a Sheetz (which has numerous stations with superchargers) between two freeways isn't a good candidate?

Oh, and there isn't currently a supercharger in Cleveland. They say it is in the works, but it doesn't exist yet.

trm2, i do agree that i think 306 sheetz would be a good spot for a supercharger. I don't think the increased traffic of tesla's will be affecting the traffic (at least not in the immediate) Its just crazy how west and clev will have 3 superchargers and none over this way. Anyways, its just a nice perk like someone else mentioned, but that nice perk would be in a good spot

@jaguar36 I'm curious about what you disagree with.
Is it that Cleveland and Erie are a little over 100 miles apart? Google maps agrees with me.
Is it that I don't want any more traffic on route 306? I can assure you that I don't want any more traffic.
Is it that a Sheetz (which has numerous stations with superchargers) between two freeways isn't a good candidate?

Oh, and there isn't currently a supercharger in Cleveland. They say it is in the works, but it doesn't exist yet.
I used to worry about why people hit Disagree. It just isn't worth it. I just tell myself that "Like" and "Disagree" are right next to each other and they hit the wrong one.

Let it go.

Do Service Centers allow you to use their supercharging when they are not open?
If superchargers are outside the facility / in the parking lot such as Salt Lake City or Nashville or others then yes. If it is a single supercharger inside the facility then no.

A supercharger inside the facility can be used, by a Service Tech usually, when a vehicle is in for Service and needs a supercharge to reach a viable charger on a trip home after the Service and is generally not in an area that should be accessed by a Customer from what I've seen and heard from others.

• Informative
Reactions: kmistry1986