Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stopped by Kingston today...it was by the SCs with a for truck beside it, nobody around...

Hard to say what it is exactly from those labels, but it certainly looks like a section of the Distribution Center hardware built by Schneider/Square-D. Maybe there was an additional function that the local utility required that needed another section of cabinetry. Of course, it could be a stand alone cabinet "Proposed Vista 3-way HV switch and CT metering cabinet (pending Kingston utility approval)" that sits next to the Utility Transformer as indicated above.

It is certainly not a step-down transformer as I suggested above.

Hard to say what it is exactly from those labels, but it certainly looks like a section of the Distribution Center hardware built by Schneider/Square-D. Maybe there was an additional function that the local utility required that needed another section of cabinetry. Of course, it could be a stand alone cabinet "Proposed Vista 3-way HV switch and CT metering cabinet (pending Kingston utility approval)" that sits next to the Utility Transformer as indicated above.

It is certainly not a step-down transformer as I suggested above.

The fact that it was dropped off by the stalls rather than by the transformer is, to me, not a good sign. On the other hand, it says "1300 pounds", which suggests it is not just a cabinet but a cabinet filled with something heavy!

(Isn't speculation fun?)

The fact that it was dropped off by the stalls rather than by the transformer is, to me, not a good sign. On the other hand, it says "1300 pounds", which suggests it is not just a cabinet but a cabinet filled with something heavy!

(Isn't speculation fun?)

The Kingston SC will open in December 2016 at this rate. Completely unacceptable that Tesla has allowed this debacle to drag on like this for three months and counting!

I just got this from Tesla. Maybe the box that was dropped off at the site (pic up-thread) is only part of what's needed for the permanent supercharger.

Who's going to be first to try out the mobile supercharger?

To Our Valued Owners,

Thank you for your continued patience as we work to complete the Kingston Supercharger. We are happy to announce that we have installed a Mobile Supercharger Unit for temporary use until the full station is finished. The Mobile Supercharger Unit will offer two stalls for charging, available 24/7. These stalls are located on the same property as our permanent site, at King’s Crossing Fashion Outlet Centre (95 Dalton Avenue), behind the Carter’s and Levi’s shops.

To provide an update on the permanent location, our crews are scheduled to begin prepping for the final installation next week and we hope to finish the site when the custom equipment arrives in March. We are doing everything we can to expedite the timeline for the permanent station and should any additional delays arise, we will keep you informed.

We consider the Kingston Supercharger to be a top priority for the team and we look forward to opening the permanent site soon.

Best regards,
The Tesla Supercharger Team

Just received this email from the Tesla SC team.

To Our Valued Owners,

Thank you for your continued patience as we work to complete the Kingston Supercharger. We are happy to announce that we have installed a Mobile Supercharger Unit for temporary use until the full station is finished. The Mobile Supercharger Unit will offer two stalls for charging, available 24/7. These stalls are located on the same property as our permanent site, at King’s Crossing Fashion Outlet Centre (95 Dalton Avenue), behind the Carter’s and Levi’s shops.

To provide an update on the permanent location, our crews are scheduled to begin prepping for the final installation next week and we hope to finish the site when the custom equipment arrives in March. We are doing everything we can to expedite the timeline for the permanent station and should any additional delays arise, we will keep you informed.

We consider the Kingston Supercharger to be a top priority for the team and we look forward to opening the permanent site soon.

Best regards,

"when the custom equipment arrives in March? What?

I'm glad there are at least two temporary chargers but I hope there will not be a problem with having to wait for someone to finish charging. LOL!
Is it safe to say that the days of "twiddling" one's thumbs for 3 hours at the BW in Kingston are over? I certainly hope so.

Just received this email from the Tesla SC team.

To Our Valued Owners,

Best regards,

"when the custom equipment arrives in March? What?

I'm glad there are at least two temporary chargers but I hope there will not be a problem with having to wait for someone to finish charging. LOL!
Is it safe to say that the days of "twiddling" one's thumbs for 3 hours at the BW in Kingston are over? I certainly hope so.

March eh? Jesus H Christ on a cupcake wtf is up with this project? Baffling really

March eh? Jesus H Christ on a cupcake wtf is up with this project? Baffling really

Hey, at least they provide the mobile SuC charger (though, they should have provided it prior to the holidays when they knew that the Kingston SuC wouldn't be online)... but I feel the same when the Kingston SuC was supposed to be up and running almost 2 years ago...

We'll finally get it... at one point...

Kingston and Barrie are now open on Supercharger.Info, but not on Tesla's "Find Us" page. Has anyone charged at either location?

E Canada.jpg

I doubt there will be lines very often. Unless someone decides that they have to squeeze that last 1/10 kWh in. Most people should be there for 30-40 minutes.

It's happened. I recall a thread a while back about a bad night at a fairly large site (Fremont I think?) when there were a bunch of people waiting and a bunch of cars squeezing in every electron possible.

Hopefully people will be sensible and polite.

I'd love to see a photo of this temporary Supercharger!

Ditto!

I will be driving my P85D to Collingwood and Thornbury tomorrow morning. I'll check out the Barrie location. Sure would be great because the return trip range would be dicey if I make a few demo rides in Thornbury. My backup plan is to charge in Thornbury at a 30A dryer outlet. UMC and 50ft heavy extension are on board. I tested this setup two days ago.