Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1fa9821d00d6418d36dfc7a0a09a6bcf.jpg
the demand at Kingston!

So it really is 2 SC stalls then. That really is totally inadequate. It means we cannot rely on the Montreal Superchargers.

I'll be in Montreal in June, coming from Quebec City. In QC I had to find a hotel that has a charger, which I did via Plugshare. I was thinking that in Montreal I could stay at any hotel because I could just charge at the SC for 45 minutes before heading on to Cornwall or Kingston. But if the SC in Montreal isn't predictable, I may need to rethink that.

I'll be in Montreal in June, coming from Quebec City. In QC I had to find a hotel that has a charger, which I did via Plugshare. I was thinking that in Montreal I could stay at any hotel because I could just charge at the SC for 45 minutes before heading on to Cornwall or Kingston. But if the SC in Montreal isn't predictable, I may need to rethink that.

To be honest with you, just avoid Montréal...

You can SuperCharge at Cornwall and after that you can take the Highway 30 toll bridge (2,40$) which you'll save a lot of time if it's all traffic in Montréal...

Here is a snapshot of the stretch (Cornwall - Drummondville = 232 km)

Tesla Supercharger to Drummondville, QC - Google Maps

Just make sure you don't stay in the Quality Inn near the Tesla store. I can't put in words how bad it was!

For the Québec city matter, you have the Alt Hotel that has HPWC...

Hôtel Québec - Hôtel ALT Québec, Sainte-Foy, Canada

- - - Updated - - -

For the Québec city matter, you have the Alt Hotel that has HPWC...

Hôtel Québec - Hôtel ALT Québec, Sainte-Foy, Canada

Hotel Le Germain also has HPWC...

http://www.germaindominion.com/en/home

The Montreal SC store location has power issues. This is why only two are outside.
The fact that there are others inside is irrelevant. The rate of charing anywhere on the complex would be slow anyway.
Perhaps this is why they don't want people using the inside SC. It slows everyone down.

It make no sense that there is power issue at that location... But let say there is, it wouldn't limit Tesla from using their 4 SC at their peak power, or else they wouldn't be allowed to have them both plugged in ! Also Tesla provide some amazing battery, and they do run SC from Solar Panel and battery... Even if we have 20% less efficiency than California for solar panel, just adding a few battery to offload the network of peak demand like their product they are probably going to announce april 30 would do the trick to lower peaks.

As for restricting their SC usage inside is more related that would require staff to bring the car inside and plug it in while maybe other cars were in the way for service purposes (not charging). The SC are not accesible from outside right now because of all the delivery car parked on the side of the building.

I'm staying at the ALT next Weekend (the 10-12 of April). it's $23 a night but free charging. I spoke with the hotel, and it's a public, underground parking. The hotel installed the chargers. I'll let you know how charging goes.

The charging stations are right at the partially sheltered entrance to the hotel. They're not in an underground garage. You can see photos on Plugshare. Maybe they mean the valet will plugin your car, then move it to a garage when it's fully charged.