Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here you go Bob!

This was taken on December 30th as I drove up to Ottawa from Whitby to watch the Sens game

View attachment 106215
Ī

- - - Updated - - -

I took the picture. It was still blocked when I drove back through the next day. Two were blocked and the third spot on the North side could only be reached by parallel parking at it (like in the picture). If an ICE vehicle would have been parked at the spot beside the Supercharger spot then the third spot would have been inaccessible too.
Thanks. I do not miss the snow here.

... The Montreal supercharger situation is ridiculous. They need to fix this.

Yes, it is bad. I encourage everyone to use destination charging around Montreal, if possible. CHAdeMO may also be an option in some instances.

Besides there being just one working public stall in Montreal, there are other aggravating factors:

1) Work on routes leading to the city is behind schedule, so people are more likely to need Supercharging upon arrival. Back in May 2013, there was a major press release on expansion of the Supercharger network. On the projected map that came with the release, a site on the 417 between Ottawa and Montreal was pegged as coming in 2014. It remained in that status until the 3rd quarter 2014 then disappeared. Anyone know why?

Similarly, Plattsburgh, NY to cover New York City to Montreal was projected for 2014, but is missing.

2) The software inexplicably directs people to the Montreal center, not taking into account the limited number of stalls and traffic on the island. For example, Drummondville -->Montréal-->Kingston instead of Drummondville-->Cornwall-->Kingston.

No update to the Tesla SC web page yet. The map options are Today, 2015 and 2016. Anyone remember how long it takes them to update it for the new year? It will be interesting to see if there are any Canadian additions for 2017 and/or any 2016 sites, like Huntsville, North Bay, Ottawa and Sudbury, are moved out to the future. There also appears to be an SC for 2016 a few miles east of Lewiston, NY on the south shore of Lake Ontario. Anyone know where this is supposed to be?

On the projected map that came with the release, a site on the 417 between Ottawa and Montreal was pegged as coming in 2014. It remained in that status until the 3rd quarter 2014 then disappeared. Anyone know why?

The Supercharger seems to have shifted from being between Ottawa and Montreal, to being in Ottawa.

Reasons? I have two thoughts:

1. They're planning a service center in Ottawa (probably will also be a store, but they haven't said); my guess is the Ottawa supercharger will be located there.
  2. There isn't much between Ottawa and Montreal; I wouldn't be surprised if they couldn't negotiate a suitable location.

My guess is #1 is the answer.

No update to the Tesla SC web page yet. The map options are Today, 2015 and 2016. Anyone remember how long it takes them to update it for the new year? It will be interesting to see if there are any Canadian additions for 2017 and/or any 2016 sites, like Huntsville, North Bay, Ottawa and Sudbury, are moved out to the future. There also appears to be an SC for 2016 a few miles east of Lewiston, NY on the south shore of Lake Ontario. Anyone know where this is supposed to be?

IIRC it was updated January 8th last year. It looks pretty goofy to have a 2015 selection so hopefully it will be updated soon.

I was at this supercharger earlier today and it is still out of order (so only 1 stall available). I was also there on the 24th and at one point, we were 6 cars in queue for a spot... The Montreal supercharger situation is ridiculous. They need to fix this.

Yes, please, everyone! Please use only destination charging in Montreal so the SC's there will be free for my exclusive use. Thank you!
LOL!

The Tesla site has the Port Hope Restrooms listed as Harvey's, Tim Horton's, Subway and Swiss Chalet. Interesting names for washrooms.
They also have restaurants listed with the same names.

There is also a "Loding" category at a Comfort Inn. LOL!

I really get the impression Tesla is putting very little attention into Canada and they don't even bother to proof read their Canadian listings as we really are just a drop in the bucket to them. We are irrelevant. (From Star Trek Borg episodes).

The Tesla site has the Port Hope Restrooms listed as Harvey's, Tim Horton's, Subway and Swiss Chalet. Interesting names for washrooms.
They also have restaurants listed with the same names.

There is also a "Loding" category at a Comfort Inn. LOL!

I really get the impression Tesla is putting very little attention into Canada and they don't even bother to proof read their Canadian listings as we really are just a drop in the bucket to them. We are irrelevant. (From Star Trek Borg episodes).
I'm not a big fan of subway either but to call it a restroom is beyond the pale.