Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bad News re: Kingston Supercharger: Spoke with a few Tesla reps in Toronto, Montreal and California. All they know is that the Kingston Supercharger is tied up with the utility in Kingston. Could be permitting, blah blah blah... exact situation not known. So I called the utility in Kingston and they said there is no plan to get the Superchargers operational until into the new year. I pleaded my case and spoke for the many others who are really counting on it but that doesn't seem to have an influence. I was told it was likely another six to eight weeks but the holidays will likely affect it. So my guess is March.

Bad News re: Kingston Supercharger: Spoke with a few Tesla reps in Toronto, Montreal and California. All they know is that the Kingston Supercharger is tied up with the utility in Kingston. Could be permitting, blah blah blah... exact situation not known. So I called the utility in Kingston and they said there is no plan to get the Superchargers operational until into the new year. I pleaded my case and spoke for the many others who are really counting on it but that doesn't seem to have an influence. I was told it was likely another six to eight weeks but the holidays will likely affect it. So my guess is March.
What! Why? Are they serious! :eek:

Hope 2: The Transformer sits back.

Wow, this is embarrassing! Lance, mind if I share your post?

I decided to stop feeling bitter and whining about this and just added a booking to the Best Western to our agenda over the holidays. I know eventually the chargers will get connected and being an early adopter I realize the waiting is part of the game. So none of you other EV guys try to hog my charge k? Sure it adds time but there's got to be something to do in Kingston right?

Time for a letter to a few Kingston media outlets?

I don't think this is appropriate. I guarantee the right people are in the know and are working on it. They have already expedited some pieces of this project...and they are familiar with this forum. Let me see what I hear back.

- - - Updated - - -

I decided to stop feeling bitter and whining about this and just added a booking to the Best Western to our agenda over the holidays. I know eventually the chargers will get connected and being an early adopter I realize the waiting is part of the game. So none of you other EV guys try to hog my charge k? Sure it adds time but there's got to be something to do in Kingston right?

Plenty to do in Kingston...many excellent dining options downtown...I can make some recommendations.

Maybe if you books a night at the Best Western, they will agree to save you the parking spot next to the charger... They refused to do it for me, as I was "only" eating there (on the way back, the spot was ICEd).
There might be things to do in Kingston, but not really in this area... which sucks, because you can't use your car to go anywhere else (while it's charging).

Ktowntslafan, thanks for trying to get answers! It's really appreciated!

Maybe if you books a night at the Best Western, they will agree to save you the parking spot next to the charger... They refused to do it for me, as I was "only" eating there (on the way back, the spot was ICEd).
There might be things to do in Kingston, but not really in this area... which sucks, because you can't use your car to go anywhere else (while it's charging).

Ktowntslafan, thanks for trying to get answers! It's really appreciated!

it's a $10 cab ride downtown from BW...welcome to Kingston...one of the reasons I love this city. Downtown is really where you want to go. Many independent restaurants/pubs with excellent, local food and reasonable prices. Queen's has a significant positive influence on our city...making it unique vs. other cities of it's size. Also Kingston is the first capital of Canada...therefore strong historic/heritage significance.

Alternatively, pm me and I will pick you up and show you around...happy to talk TSLA anytime.

Passionate about the Tesla movement...humbled that they chose Ktown for SC...doing my part. Thanks for the kudos.

Quebec City will be nice. I'm hoping to go to Tadoussac next summer but not without a supercharger.

If there's no Supercharger, you can borrow my CHAdeMO adapter. (If all goes as planned the adapter will be available and there will be ~47kW CHAdeMO in the Quebec City area, which would top you off in an hour coming from Drummondville). Of course, a Quebec City Supercharger would be even better. I don't doubt at all that it's TM's plans, it's just a question of when.

Edit: missing "d'ont added"

Last edited:
Embarrassing as a Kingstonian.

No reason to be embarrassed. Administrative delays have been the rule in many places. For example, Tesla did everything it could to have the 2-stall site at the Montreal Center available for the Grand Opening, but some board there has been sitting on the final hookup for weeks.

Going forward, is the utility company in Casselman the same as the one in Kingston? Or is more like the one in Cornwall that acted fairly rapidly?