Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Easy homemade UMC cable holder

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm using the UMC at home, plugged into a 30A dryer outlet. Rather than unplug , coil up and put the UMC away in the trunk after each charge, I decided to leave it plugged in and hanging on the wall. It took less than an hour to cut out wood pieces and then glue and screw them together for a handy and secure wall hanger that doesn't bend the cable too much.

UMC hanger1.JPG
UMC hanger2.JPG
UMC hanger3.JPG

I used 1/2" plywood for the 12" x 16" backboard and 8" diameter circular face. I cut 12 stand-offs 2 1/2" using 1x2 lumber.
I drew pencil lines on the 8" diameter face dividing it into 8 segments. Then I glued and screwed 8 stand-offs around the circumference. Next, I added 4 more stand-offs in the spaces between in the upper half to provide good support for the cable.
Next, I mounted the assembly to the backboard, gluing and screwing it together from the back side of the backboard.
Finally, I added two 1/2" x 1/2" x 3" retainer tabs using one screw as a pivot to allow them to be swiveled out of the way when removing the cable from the hanger. A small screw on each side and one in the middle serve as a bumpers.

Last edited: