Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Easy on those tires 71,835 mi on 2nd set. 127,596 Mi odometer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whelp I definitely should have swapped these tires out sooner but by the time I could get the 3rd set of tires installed,
the second set ran for 15 months from
55,761 miles To 127,596 or almost 72 thousand miles ! Both the old and new tires are Michelin Pilot sport all season 4 19” tires installed at Costco for about $1250 after tax and $150 rebate

Racking up those miles about a thousand a week for work and further when I’m on vacation lol 😆
Would love to hear from other high mileage MY 😁

Original tires were continentals which worked well but wanted fresh tires going into winter changed them with 4/32 left. The new tires are rated for 50,000 I believe. I’m usually not in chill mode I prefer to have that power available if needed, with a Tesla sometimes rapid acceleration is the safest way out of a weird situation vs slowing down.
Very happy with the car for my crazy commute, looking forward to half a million miles in about 7 years

Whelp I definitely should have swapped these tires out sooner but by the time I could get the 3rd set of tires installed,
the second set ran for 15 months from
55,761 miles To 127,596 or almost 72 thousand miles ! Both the old and new tires are Michelin Pilot sport all season 4 19” tires installed at Costco for about $1250 after tax and $150 rebate

Racking up those miles about a thousand a week for work and further when I’m on vacation lol 😆
Would love to hear from other high mileage MY 😁
Really exceptional tire life mileage numbers!

What percent would you say you put on them on highway/freeway (as compared to city stop and go traffic?)

Original tires were continentals which worked well but wanted fresh tires going into winter changed them with 4/32 left. The new tires are rated for 50,000 I believe. I’m usually not in chill mode I prefer to have that power available if needed, with a Tesla sometimes rapid acceleration is the safest way out of a weird situation vs slowing down.
Very happy with the car for my crazy commute, looking forward to half a million miles in about 7 years
I'd like to know the mileage hit you took when you switched from the Continentals.

Last edited:
Reactions: ElectricIAC
There was a noticeable drop in efficiency or gain in watt hours used to go a mile. I’ll try to find the exact numbers I’m guessing 5% penalty or an extra 15 watt hours per mile
First 3 miles of my commute local. Next 88 highway. Then slower Lincoln tunnel and last two miles stop and go Manhattan chaos.

I actually need an alignment the inner edges of front tires wore more than outside. I’d post a pic but I’m too embarrassed by the shape of the tire at the end. Tesla is asking for 275$ alignment and balance. I see Firestone also offers that service for MY curious if anyone has used them?

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC