Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Eclipse Viewing Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been keeping an eye on Pivotal Weather's Eclipse 2024 page and the NWS Weather Prediction Center's Twitter/X account.
GKK_86TbsAA44MO.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Grendal and JB47394
My wife and I viewed the 2017 eclipse from Oregon, while she was pregnant with our daughter, and now our family is taking a roadtrip in our Model Y (from LA to Austin, via Joshua Tree, Grand Canyon, and Santa Fe) to [hopefully] see it again! We've been using the windy.com app to keep an eye on the cloud forecast, and our current plan is to wake up early on the 8th with a full battery and drive to wherever the closest predicted sunshine is. Hopefully the Superchargers won't be too overwhelmed!

What I really wonder is whether Rook Isaacman is planning to fly one of his jets above the clouds to view the eclipse from the air, and stay in the path of totality as long as possible? In a fast fighter jet, probably 20 minutes of totality is doable. (The world record for this was set by the Concorde in 1973, staying in totality for 74 minutes!)

• Informative
Reactions: JB47394
YouTube channels that steal videos and post them without attribution really tick me off.
Not to mention that it violates the law. Fair Use Doctrine doesn't permit wholesale reproduction of someone else's content. As Elon relies on social media for visibility, I doubt SpaceX will do anything about it.

Note that the video description does attribute the video to SpaceX by name. But attribution is not permission.