Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - West Seneca, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If it is posted to not trespass, they do not need to be asked to leave. Unless they can prove they have business being there, they are trespassing by entering the property. That's like saying it's not stealing if the door was left open and you take everything from someone else's car.

That's just the thing. Its NOT posted. You don't have to prove anything, that's now how the law works. If there is no closed gate and security doesn't bother to stop you, its not trespassing.

That's just the thing. Its NOT posted. You don't have to prove anything, that's now how the law works. If there is no closed gate and security doesn't bother to stop you, its not trespassing.
Someone posted that a pass or employee badge were required. There is clearly a security shack with a stop sign in front of it. Again, just because security isn’t doing their job doesn’t give you a free pass to be there unauthorized.

What does this red and white sign say on the right on the way in? Sure looks like a “don’t come in if you don’t belong” type of sign.
1708615632364.png

Someone posted that a pass or employee badge were required. There is clearly a security shack with a stop sign in front of it. Again, just because security isn’t doing their job doesn’t give you a free pass to be there unauthorized.

What does this red and white sign say on the right on the way in? Sure looks like a “don’t come in if you don’t belong” type of sign.
View attachment 1020788

Lol. "looks like". Yeah, that will stand up in court. To me it looks like "deliveries in the back".

I agree that you may not be "authorized" there and you shouldn't go there if you are not, but that does not mean you can be charged with trespassing. There is a huge difference.

Lol. "looks like". Yeah, that will stand up in court. To me it looks like "deliveries in the back".

I agree that you may not be "authorized" there and you shouldn't go there if you are not, but that does not mean you can be charged with trespassing. There is a huge difference.
I was actually asking you what the sign says since you are vehemently arguing that you have every right to be on the Giga New York property so you must have knowledge of what that sign says. I can't read it form the image so have no idea what it says. And a deliveries sign would be at a junction of streets, this in on the entrance. As posted above, you are required to have a parking permit or employee pass to be on site, this is a perfect location for a sign like that.

This is a WA definition so may not apply in New York. It does not state that there needs to literally be a "no tresspassing" sign. Anything saying you need specific credentials to be there would suffice. Yes, "remains" mean you have been notified and asked to leave but "knowingly enters" means there just has to be some type of notice that you shouldn't be there.

(1) A person is guilty of criminal trespass in the first degree if he or she knowingly enters or remains unlawfully in a building. (2) Criminal trespass in the first degree is a gross misdemeanor.

I was actually asking you what the sign says since you are vehemently arguing that you have every right to be on the Giga New York property so you must have knowledge of what that sign says. I can't read it form the image so have no idea what it says. And a deliveries sign would be at a junction of streets, this in on the entrance. As posted above, you are required to have a parking permit or employee pass to be on site, this is a perfect location for a sign like that.

This is a WA definition so may not apply in New York. It does not state that there needs to literally be a "no tresspassing" sign. Anything saying you need specific credentials to be there would suffice. Yes, "remains" mean you have been notified and asked to leave but "knowingly enters" means there just has to be some type of notice that you shouldn't be there.

(1) A person is guilty of criminal trespass in the first degree if he or she knowingly enters or remains unlawfully in a building. (2) Criminal trespass in the first degree is a gross misdemeanor.

I 100% agree with your analysis of the the law in WA. Its similar in other jurisdictions. To me, the key here is "knowingly" and that can be interpreted in different ways by the courts. Because of this, it is difficult to prosecute for trespassing and therefore the authorities are far more likely just to ask you to leave. Its the same reason why IT systems now have explicit banners telling users that it is a private system. Prosecutions of hacking have failed because the perpetrators claimed hey didn't know they they can't go into the system.

We have completely gone down a rabbit hole on this thread :)

So it appears these pedastals have a longer cable. That would allow them to connect to non Tesla vehicles , correct?
Yes. I checked out a cable at Rockland, ME and I found that it's not _extremely_ long so some driver-side-front-fender vehicles will have to pull in forward close, but other positions will be easy. It'll still be best for Tesla position, because the plug is on the driver side and there'll be less walking around the vehicle to do.

V4 stalls in the USA have a built-in CCS adapter as well, but it's inside the pedestal shell, so it's not as obvious as V3.

I was just there. Transformer pad is there - but no transformer as you can see. Don't hold your breath. This will still take awhile.

I'm a bit disappointed this doesnt have easier access to I-90. Have to travel a few miles on local roads. Might not take the pressure off of Cheektowaga as much as needed.

Attachments

• IMG_4357.jpg
    IMG_4357.jpg
    865.1 KB · Views: 15
I was just there. Transformer pad is there - but no transformer as you can see. Don't hold your breath. This will still take awhile.

I'm a bit disappointed this doesnt have easier access to I-90. Have to travel a few miles on local roads. Might not take the pressure off of Cheektowaga as much as needed.
That’s going to be as much fun as the Transit Road SC ☹️

Reactions: YYZ-IAD