TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Edges of clear bra getting dirt accumulation!

Discussion in 'Texas' started by taurusking, Aug 31, 2015.

1. taurusking

taurusking Member

Hi Everyone

I got my invisibra done less than a month ago and I notice this what do you'll think ?

20150831_140553.jpg 20150831_140557.jpg

2. MsElectric

MsElectric Active Member

Looks like they gave you a bra and left out the "invisi" part :tongue:

Seriously though, can you take it in so whoever installed it can redo/fix that? It will only get worse...

3. taurusking

taurusking Member

Please other pictures as well...Not only that side but all other sides ...he had intentionally exposed the film. 20150831_154210.jpg 20150831_154226.jpg 20150831_154136.jpg

4. OlderThanDirt

OlderThanDirt Member

Hmm??? Sorry to say but that installer might not be real good at fixing that. Those pictures especially the last one really tell a tale.

5. taurusking

taurusking Member

uh....oh what do I do now....I emailed the installer...let me see what he says

6. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

I have a couple of places, but they are where the film folds over, not in the open. When last I went there, there was a different person then the one that did the work on my car. I was surprised but I didn't ask any questions.

7. taurusking

taurusking Member

Are we talking about same installer in DFW area... I don't want to spoil the reputation of the installer ..This is one of the two installers in DFW area highly recommended by users of this forum

8. JMG

JMG Member

I had mine done at SpeedShield in Addison by Trey. He folds the edges around the body panels specifically to avoid those types of things. The only places I can even tell I have a clear shield on my car is on the rear view mirrors (there is a seam on the back) and there are a couple of tiny air bubbles on one headlight that you have to look close to see. Otherwise, no seams anywhere.

I would go back to the installer and show him your concerns.

9. jay o

jay o Member

Some of those issues can arise from when a client picks up a car thats not completely dry. There are a couple of things you can do. One is to trim out the affected area w dirt, but this can cause for the new exposed area to pull back. Or you can go back and have that piece re done. On one of those pics it looks like the mirror. Some pre cut patters have a couple of kit available for the Tesla mirror. When the Base and Sig model came out years ago it was originally a 2 piece mirror. However recently they have acquired a 1 piece mirror in the clear bra programs for the Model S. You can also see if you can find an experienced paint protection film installer to bulk that mirror. This requires a high level of skill and a steady hand to cut the film & not damage any paint. Hopefully some of this may help you out.

10. taurusking

taurusking Member

Thanks for your input. The question here is... are those edges or seams supposed to be visible? Mirror seams are fine but other spots like rear quarter panel etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed completely I was not sure those edges should be visible ...otherwise why is it called invisibra?

11. bollar

bollar Disgruntled Member

There is a conversation on the Dallas Facebook group covering the same issue and recent possible changes at one installer's place.

12. taurusking

taurusking Member

Moderator Note; Please change the thread title to "Edges of Clear Bra getting dirt accumulation"

Please and Thanks