Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Edinburgh Service Centre

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To put something positive about the Tesla experience...

Following on from my near perfect pickup just under two weeks ago in Edinburgh my car went in for some minor repairs today - left front fog light blanking plate wasn’t attached properly (discovered when I was washing some mud off the front) and a chip in back of passenger seat (I was happy to live with this as it was barely noticeable but since I had to take it to Edinburgh for the fog light plate they could fix that too)... A few days ago the plastic cover on the drivers side frunk hinge decided it didn’t like being attached to the car and came off jamming itself on the wiper mechanism - so I mentioned that to them this morning and they replaced the wiper arm which was scratched and the plastic bit too.

Arrived at 10am, place was quiet - parked in a random space outside their secure compound and went into the service centre reception (this is to the right of the building and not the same place you go to collect your new car), was given a Model S for the day as I live 30 miles away and told I’d receive an update text around noon... That didn’t happen, but come 2pm received a text from Tesla - my car was ready to pickup.

Edinburgh as I’ve found them in the past were well organised, friendly and happy to answer any questions. Obsessed with cleaning everything - even gave me a bunch of wipes incase I didn’t trust they had done it properly Car was also plugged in when I arrived to pick it up - charged to 80 something %.

On the model S front - I appreciate that the loaner was 3 years old and locked in chill mode but I wasn’t impressed with it - it’s smother to drive on motorways at least but I definitely prefer the minimalistic model 3 look.

and told I’d receive an update text around noon... That didn’t happen, but come 2pm received a text from Tesla - my car was ready to pickup.

The text is obviously the 'definitive' pickup call, but usually, but not always, the app shows the car in service and an estimated pickup time. It is just an estimate, but non the less can be useful if the car is going to be in service and is awaiting diagnostics/parts etc. It also can change during the course of the visit if there are delays or early return. So worth keeping an eye on.

To put something positive about the Tesla experience...

Following on from my near perfect pickup just under two weeks ago in Edinburgh my car went in for some minor repairs today - left front fog light blanking plate wasn’t attached properly (discovered when I was washing some mud off the front) and a chip in back of passenger seat (I was happy to live with this as it was barely noticeable but since I had to take it to Edinburgh for the fog light plate they could fix that too)... A few days ago the plastic cover on the drivers side frunk hinge decided it didn’t like being attached to the car and came off jamming itself on the wiper mechanism - so I mentioned that to them this morning and they replaced the wiper arm which was scratched and the plastic bit too.

Arrived at 10am, place was quiet - parked in a random space outside their secure compound and went into the service centre reception (this is to the right of the building and not the same place you go to collect your new car), was given a Model S for the day as I live 30 miles away and told I’d receive an update text around noon... That didn’t happen, but come 2pm received a text from Tesla - my car was ready to pickup.

Edinburgh as I’ve found them in the past were well organised, friendly and happy to answer any questions. Obsessed with cleaning everything - even gave me a bunch of wipes incase I didn’t trust they had done it properly Car was also plugged in when I arrived to pick it up - charged to 80 something %.

On the model S front - I appreciate that the loaner was 3 years old and locked in chill mode but I wasn’t impressed with it - it’s smother to drive on motorways at least but I definitely prefer the minimalistic model 3 look.
Another positive review of Edinburgh. Any more?

Nothing but compliments for Edinburgh. Communications prior to pickup last year were excellent and the car was immaculate when I collected it. No snagging to be done at all and a year on I still haven’t had a problem. The staff were happy to spend as much time with me as I needed to check the car over and be taught how to drive it!
I recently booked a mobile engineer from Edinburgh to replace a broken wing mirror. Again plenty of communication. The day before the appointment Edinburgh contacted me to say the ranger was sick and wouldn’t be coming - did I want to make another appointment. As I was passing through Edinburgh the following week it was no problem for them to do it at the SC if I dropped in.
Edinburgh SC fixed it while I waited and even washed the car for me.
Overall a real pleasure to deal with.

The one time I needed Edinburgh SC assistance was when we had the "multiple systems" warning and consequent power steering failure. We were about 30 miles away from the service centre and I made the decision to drive directly there without power steering and to hand the car over whether they could deal with it immediately or not. We arrived late afternoon and the car was taken in, they arranged a replacement Model S at zero notice and told me my car should be repaired the following day with any luck. Received notification the following afternoon that the car issue had been resolved and that I could pick it up anytime the day after. Couldn't expect any better service.