Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

edit order after VIN?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The order agreement you signed does not prohibit this, but they can start you all over at current prices. Call them and see if they will do it, or do it in the app if it will let you and be prepared for any charge increases and new delivery times. It also would depend, I am sure, on whether the local Tesla store can do the change, or if it is a factory required change.

Can you edit your order (design in the app) after you receive a VIN?

Similar to the other thread you started about order delays, this is also in the MVPA:

Relevant section, on first page:

Screen Shot 2022-10-05 at 2.42.35 PM.png

If you change it, they can reset your pricing to current pricing (and changing the config after you get a vin is not going to reset your "I just delayed delivery" clock. )

In June of 22 my Nov 21 order was offered a MYAWD (not long range) that was not the car I ordered. I declined. I called Tesla and said I heard if I edited my order to a MYP I would get the car faster, at the order date pricing. I was told no, any change would revert to current pricing. Via this forum, I learned that was not correct. Many people on this form said they edited their order from MYLR to MYP and got their cars much quicker. So I was given incorrect information from Tesla. Some people on this forum said they were able to put their EDD on hold for 30 days. My question was is that a change from recent policies. It appears it is. I am approaching one year from my order date and wanted to know if you can delay to get a 2023 VIN. It appears the answer is no. I would have upgraded my order to MYP in June if I was given correct information from Tesla. I’m trying to make decisions based on what Tesla tells me but they are all over the board. When I placed my order in Nov 21, they told me my EDD was April of 22. If they told me it would be a year or more I would have delayed the order a month or two to get a 2023 at other same price. Some orders were granted a 30 day delay, and after a year of waiting, I thought asking for a 30 day delay would insure a 2023 VIN. But now they say 14 days delay at most. Most answers to my questions have incorrect information and it is very frustrating.

The order agreement you signed does not prohibit this, but they can start you all over at current prices. Call them and see if they will do it, or do it in the app if it will let you and be prepared for any charge increases and new delivery times. It also would depend, I am sure, on whether the local Tesla store can do the change, or if it is a factory required change.
Call where. There is no phone no or email on the order agreement. Thank you