Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2024 MX Delivery Info Share

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up the car yesterday. Photos are too large for the system to allow an upload from my iPhone for some reason.

Easy trade in with the model y. It was a zoo. They were delivering 160 cars yesterday they said. At least two cyber trucks.

My car was perfect except for a little scratch on the rear driver door. They buffed it out and it looks great.

I had a model s 8 years ago. I forgot how much nicer the build quality is on these cars. So much faster and quieter. The dash display is taking some getting used to but really great. Netflix in the back has been a little buggy for the kids. Had to reboot the system once already. If that’s my worst issue I’m okay 😂

Driving it home now.

PS - no bumper camera or ambient lighting. Haha.

Just tell them to give them to you and let you worry about it. Those free supercharging miles could theoretically acquire value if you got another new Tesla and transferred free supercharging away from this new one.
I verified today that the free supercharging miles can be used on other cars on my account. I currently have four, but two are in the process of being sold, including the one that I transferred free supercharging from. Oddly (and presumably mistakenly) that car is still getting free supercharging. So, the four cars are:
  • Model X I transferred free supercharging to: supercharging is free
  • Model S I transferred free supercharging from: supercharging is free (presumably in error) [selling]
  • Model 3: supercharging free (drawing from the 5000 miles of free "loyalty" supercharging) [selling]
  • Model Y: haven't tried supercharging recently, but presumably will be the same as the 3
I am guessing that when I tell Tesla I no longer own the S (and it moves to somebody else's Tesla account), they will fix their error and no longer give it free supercharging, but that's just a guess.

FWIW, joined the $250 club, :cool:

Apr 2, would be the end of last hold period.

If i'm paying ~6 figures for the MXP, i can wait (just) few more weeks, to see what's (really) coming down the pipe.

Not in any rush, so "hoping" the wait will net me the extra (rumored) goodies. We shall see. If not, then at least less of buyer's remorse later on since she (the boss) can't wait forever.

Also, it's the stupid pollen season in the Raleigh area (through end of April'ish), so would rather not inspect the vehicle for hours while outside with yellow stuffs flying around.

1712003874015.png