TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Edmunds recommends Tesla Model S over BMW Hybrid

Discussion in 'Model S' started by David Johansson, Jan 23, 2013.

1. David Johansson

http://www.edmunds.com/bmw/activehybrid-7/2013/

"Compared to other luxury flagship hybrid sedans like the 2013 Lexus LS 600h L, 2013 Mercedes S400 Hybrid and 2013 Porsche Panamera Hybrid, the BMW does fare pretty well. It's quicker and more efficient than the Mercedes and less expensive than the Lexus and Porsche. Yet if saving the planet in luxurious style is really your thing, we'd recommend checking out the all-electric Tesla Model S. From a cost-to-benefit standpoint, the 2013 BMW ActiveHybrid 7 simply doesn't earn a "buy" rating.

2. Citizen-T

Citizen-T Active Member

Literally just read this a minute ago. Very nice.

3. Zas

Zas Sig. Performance #2113

I went from a 745i to Model S - and the only thing i miss are the parking sensors ( graphical display / sound integration ) - but I absolutely LOVE the Model S... while I 'liked' the 745.

4. loganss

loganss Spaceman

:scared: Ouch major burn for the BMW but yay Tesla.

5. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

This is something I tell my friends and family when they ask how nice my car is. I tell them others were driving BMW/MB/Porsche/Jag vehicles and that the Tesla is 'better'. Not necessarily better in every regard, but better over all. Nicer overall.

Me saying "it's nicer than my VW GTI" isn't saying nearly enough!

The 'luxury' that a silent, perfectly smooth, powerful drive train gives is so hard to communicate to people.