Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Edmunds recommends Tesla Model S over BMW Hybrid

Nov 24, 2012
Malmo, Sweden
http://www.edmunds.com/bmw/activehybrid-7/2013/

"Compared to other luxury flagship hybrid sedans like the 2013 Lexus LS 600h L, 2013 Mercedes S400 Hybrid and 2013 Porsche Panamera Hybrid, the BMW does fare pretty well. It's quicker and more efficient than the Mercedes and less expensive than the Lexus and Porsche. Yet if saving the planet in luxurious style is really your thing, we'd recommend checking out the all-electric Tesla Model S. From a cost-to-benefit standpoint, the 2013 BMW ActiveHybrid 7 simply doesn't earn a "buy" rating.

Zas

Sig. Performance #2113
Dec 24, 2012
Toronto
I went from a 745i to Model S - and the only thing i miss are the parking sensors ( graphical display / sound integration ) - but I absolutely LOVE the Model S... while I 'liked' the 745.

loganss

Spaceman
Mar 6, 2011
Maryland
Yet if saving the planet in luxurious style is really your thing, we'd recommend checking out the all-electric Tesla Model S. From a cost-to-benefit standpoint, the 2013 BMW ActiveHybrid 7 simply doesn't earn a "buy" rating.
:scared: Ouch major burn for the BMW but yay Tesla.

ElSupreme

Model S 03182
Jan 13, 2012
Atlanta, GA
This is something I tell my friends and family when they ask how nice my car is. I tell them others were driving BMW/MB/Porsche/Jag vehicles and that the Tesla is 'better'. Not necessarily better in every regard, but better over all. Nicer overall.

Me saying "it's nicer than my VW GTI" isn't saying nearly enough!

The 'luxury' that a silent, perfectly smooth, powerful drive train gives is so hard to communicate to people.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC