Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EEstor ultra-capacitors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EEStor granted a patent which gives new insight to their technology:

EEStor is Granted a New Patent on the EESU Revealing Extensive Details | GM-VOLT : Chevy Volt Electric Car Site

The core ingredient is an aluminum coated barium titanate powder immersed in a polyethylene terephthalate plastic matrix. The EESU is composed of 31,353 of these components arranged in parallel. It is said to have a total capacitance of 30.693 F and can hold 52.220 kWh of energy. The device is said to have a weight of 281.56 pound including the box and all hardware

eesu1.jpg

Advanced Capacitors World Summit 2009

Greetings to All,

The current and future capabilities of capacitors will be discussed at an Advanced Capacitors World Summit March 31 – April 2, 2009 in La Jolla, CA, US. Experts from the capacitor industry are scheduled to attend. Also credible companies in the capacitor business are participating (Maxwell Technologies, APowerCap Technologies, Nesscap). One company missing from the summit is EESTOR.

BTW-I see nothing has changed with EESTOR since the start of this topic in 2007. There have been plenty of news story based on hearsay, hope, and belief, but not one independent person outside EESTOR has seen and or confirmed a working prototype of EESTOR's ceramic battery. Mailing literature to GM does not prove working prototypes exist.

Yes, CEO of ZENN, Ian Clifford stated delivery of EESU's was "imminent" in 2008. In this youtube video clip recorded in 2007, IC states EESTOR is on schedule to deliver production units (not prototypes) by the end of calendar year 2007.
There is a saying, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Last edited by a moderator: