TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

EEstor ultra-capacitors

Discussion in 'Battery Discussion' started by stockey, Jan 17, 2007.

Tags:
  1. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Reading all the attached articles it looks like graphene is the greatest thing since bucky balls.

2. Kevin Harney

Kevin Harney Active Member

OK what are Bucky Balls ?!?!??!! LOL

3. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

4. graham

graham Active Member

EEStor granted a patent which gives new insight to their technology:

EEStor is Granted a New Patent on the EESU Revealing Extensive Details | GM-VOLT : Chevy Volt Electric Car Site

eesu1.jpg

5. Chris H.

Chris H. Member

Ohhh, Graham, you beat me by two minutes! I just posted the same thing on the ZENN/EEStor thread... lol

6. WarpedOne

WarpedOne Supreme Premier

Patents are good and cheap. Prototypes are better and much more costly.

3500V over microscopic distances could mean millions of Volts per meter. Where are people with knowlede about high capacity capacitors when you need them?

7. graham

graham Active Member

Hee, yes - I was having difficulty submitting that post due to database errors and "cannot connect" problems. It is no wonder it did not readily show up on your radar before your similar post :smile:

8. malcolm

malcolm Active Member

Wow.

Q: What happens when you get a short in your shorts?

A: More bang for your butt.

9. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Did you know that "Short shorts" are also known as "Hot pants?"
    :tongue:

10. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Hope that isn't "much ado about nothing". No real news as far as I can see.

11. mt2

mt2 Member

12. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

I thought she was just being nice. Clearly EEStore has been trying to solicit GM's business. She seemed to be saying, "You guys keep working on that, but I'll believe it when I see it."

13. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

That was my take too. With a little bit of "oh yeah, those guys" somewhere after the beginning.

14. Steve123

Steve123 Member

Advanced Capacitors World Summit 2009

Greetings to All,

The current and future capabilities of capacitors will be discussed at an Advanced Capacitors World Summit March 31 – April 2, 2009 in La Jolla, CA, US. Experts from the capacitor industry are scheduled to attend. Also credible companies in the capacitor business are participating (Maxwell Technologies, APowerCap Technologies, Nesscap). One company missing from the summit is EESTOR.

BTW-I see nothing has changed with EESTOR since the start of this topic in 2007. There have been plenty of news story based on hearsay, hope, and belief, but not one independent person outside EESTOR has seen and or confirmed a working prototype of EESTOR's ceramic battery. Mailing literature to GM does not prove working prototypes exist.

15. graham

graham Active Member

Yes, weren't EESTOR supposed to deliver the working prototypes to ZENN by the end of 2008?

16. Steve123

Steve123 Member

#80 Steve123, Feb 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    Yes, CEO of ZENN, Ian Clifford stated delivery of EESU's was "imminent" in 2008. In this youtube video clip recorded in 2007, IC states EESTOR is on schedule to deliver production units (not prototypes) by the end of calendar year 2007.

There is a saying, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.