Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Effect of dust on production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's a lot of dust. Even my horses did not kick up anything like that and the tiny bit of rain I got the other day washed off a good percentage of it.

Do you have a lot of ag around you that has been doing tilling lately?

It looks worse than it is because of the angle of the shot. No active ag right around me except the almond orchards. I live in a division of about a hundred 1 acre lots surrounded mostly by fields of grass.

• Informative
Reactions: aesculus
Based on this I will monitor the panels over the summer but fully expect I will need to clean them about every 2 months. So again the first of August and once more in the first of October, minus a miracle rain storm.
I just checked my production from a few days ago, before the overcast and my mini rainstorm. The heat that day was about 100 and the heat yesterday about 85. Plus the mini washing (<0.1" of rain, but heavy for 10 minutes one time). My production increased 6%. So maybe a split between the two factors although mine did not really seem dusty from looking below.

I just checked my production from a few days ago, before the overcast and my mini rainstorm. The heat that day was about 100 and the heat yesterday about 85. Plus the mini washing (<0.1" of rain, but heavy for 10 minutes one time). My production increased 6%. So maybe a split between the two factors although mine did not really seem dusty from looking below.

This is why if you really want to know, you need to clean just one panel so you can see the difference between a clean and dirty panel that you previously also recorded because panels can vary in production from each other even if they're the exact same model with the same exposure.

That one doesn't link any more. Different link?
This is close to what the original link went to
1659920356651.jpeg

or this one that really needs tennis balls or bumpers on the ends;
1659920429443.jpeg

All the best,

BG

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: sorka