Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eibach Pro-Kit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rare opportunity to show 2 different types of springs on the same vehicle, wanted to share this with those on the fence between Eibach or H&R, with the H&R springs sitting with a slightly lower stance than the Eibachs.

Vehicle: 2023 Tesla Model Y 7-Seater.

Edit: Eibach has confirmed their springs are not compatible with 7-seat Model Y.

52810725148_dac5c706b3_b.jpg
Hi Tom. I see H&Rs sit lower than Eibach and Dinan. In terms of ride quality/comfort, which one will be your number one from the 3 brands?

Hi Tom. I see H&Rs sit lower than Eibach and Dinan. In terms of ride quality/comfort, which one will be your number one from the 3 brands?
H&R over the Eibach in terms of lowering and comfort. H&R is better known in the Euro world, Eibach for Domestics on marketing & popularity.

I'm certain Dinan will be right up there with H&R, and their customer service is excellent. I wasn't particularly happy how Eibach handled our 7-seat MY spring issue and would only assume similar issues would be handled the same - so points taken off for that. If you don't have a 7-seat MY, nothing to worry about.

Reactions: tatoweb
H&R over the Eibach in terms of lowering and comfort. H&R is better known in the Euro world, Eibach for Domestics on marketing & popularity.

I'm certain Dinan will be right up there with H&R, and their customer service is excellent. I wasn't particularly happy how Eibach handled our 7-seat MY spring issue and would only assume similar issues would be handled the same - so points taken off for that. If you don't have a 7-seat MY, nothing to worry about.
Thanks. I’m looking to go as low as possible and having a ride quality as equal or better than OEM

For overall comfort on coilovers, the KW V3s are the kit to go with, MPP if looking for a sportier feel. KWs will lower close to 2.0", MPP about 1.25-1.5". We've got a bit of brands to choose from here for Model Y.

Looks great, but coilovers are out of my budget. My only option is springs. So, best ride quality would be the H&Rs?

Looks great, but coilovers are out of my budget. My only option is springs. So, best ride quality would be the H&Rs?
Primary goal for springs is lowering the ride height - feel will not change much, if any. You need to budget for a proper set of coilovers if you want to attack the ride issue.

Here's a chart comparing the 3 most popular lowering spring brands:

Lowering Range - Model Y SpringsEibachH&RDinan
Front1.1"1.4"0.75"
Rear1.5"1.7"1.00"

We just picked up our 2023 MYP, and I wanted to get the approximate ground to fender measurements before lowering it with the same Eibach springs we had on our 2021 LR. My original hope back in 2021 was that the LR wouldn't be much lower than a factory MYP (it was my wife's daily driver). I now have some of my own measurements to compare.

2021 MY LR with the OEM MYP wheels/tires lowered on Eibach springs

Driver front ~29-3/4"

Driver rear ~29-1/2"

Passenger rear ~29-7/8"

Passenger front ~29-1/4"

View attachment 944560

2023 MYP with the OEM MYP wheels/tires and suspension

Driver front ~30-1/8"

Driver rear ~30-3/8"

Passenger rear ~30-1/8"

Passenger front ~30-3/8"

View attachment 944561

It's been a busy summer, just got around to installing the Eibach springs on my wife's 2023 MYP (I also have 20mm spacers front and rear). The final measurements from ground to fender were ~29-1/2" at all four corners. Not much of a surprise as that's what our 2021 LR was generally at on these same springs. Here's the amount it lowered the MYP from stock, they quote 0.6" front and 0.8" rear. Seems like an accurate spec:

Driver front lowered ~5/8"

Driver rear lowered ~7/8"

Passenger rear lowered ~5/8"

Passenger front lowered ~7/8"

As typical of Eibach Pro-Kit setups, there's some slight reverse rake. It didn't bother me at all on the LR considering the OEM-like ride. The same is true for the MYP. This is my wife's daily driver and occasional around town family hauler. It's possible I might buy a set of H&R springs to compare at some point. I just don't want curiosity to kill the ride quality. :)

Stock:

52956361651_35288419b4_c.jpg

Eibach setup:

53051340400_fa5762d5b2_c.jpg