Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eibach Releases Performance Pack Lowering Springs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the Eibach instructions it says to trim the bump stops. Are people doing this? I have not seen anyone cut their bump stops on any of the tutorials.

My installer said it was a bad idea. I pushed hard because I’ve cut them on other cars and that was the guidance. I’ve yet to hit my bump stops in over 4K Miles so I’m somewhat glad I didn’t cut them, but I know I can always cut them if I run into issues.

My installer said it was a bad idea. I pushed hard because I’ve cut them on other cars and that was the guidance. I’ve yet to hit my bump stops in over 4K Miles so I’m somewhat glad I didn’t cut them, but I know I can always cut them if I run into issues.

according to mountain pass our suspensions essentially run on the bump stops all the time. So if you lower your car you will be running on compressed bump stop therefore worse ride quality. I end up cutting my bump stops.

Where did you get the springs installed? I am in San Diego & am looking at getting these done. Just took delivery on my Model 3 Performance yesterday.

Any reputable shop should be able to do this for you, bonus points if they've worked on Tesla's before. Ensure that they use flat jack pads at the lifting points (can use blocks of wood even) and the battery will be fine for lifting. Then take it to an alignment shop, again bonus points if they've done Tesla's before but not mandatory - you can probably find OEM alignment specs on this forum as well.

@SD_Engnr might know of a good place in SD for Tesla

Reactions: SD_Engnr
Any reputable shop should be able to do this for you, bonus points if they've worked on Tesla's before. Ensure that they use flat jack pads at the lifting points (can use blocks of wood even) and the battery will be fine for lifting. Then take it to an alignment shop, again bonus points if they've done Tesla's before but not mandatory - you can probably find OEM alignment specs on this forum as well.

@SD_Engnr might know of a good place in SD for Tesla
Thanks a lot man for the advice, I would preferably like to take it to a shop that has done plenty of these before so they know exactly what to do. I heard a few people talking about Evasive Motorsports in Sante Fe Springs which seems like a great shop but would like to see if there is something closer. I appreciate the help!

Thanks a lot man for the advice, I would preferably like to take it to a shop that has done plenty of these before so they know exactly what to do. I heard a few people talking about Evasive Motorsports in Sante Fe Springs which seems like a great shop but would like to see if there is something closer. I appreciate the help!

I trust the fine gentlemen over at HG Performance to do all work on my car. The GM is a recent Tesla convert himself. They've done their fair share of Tesla mods, and can get you set up with an alignment, too.

I trust the fine gentlemen over at HG Performance to do all work on my car. The GM is a recent Tesla convert himself. They've done their fair share of Tesla mods, and can get you set up with an alignment, too.
Thanks man, really appreciate it & will head over that way. They look a great credible shop & I believe I took my F80 M3 there a few years ago & didn't realize they work on Tesla's as well. Thank you.

Reactions: SD_Engnr
I'm on Eibach's. I didn't like how some of the other vendor's springs sat with the rear a little lower than the front. I think the Eibach's are a perfect drop without going too low. The car should leave the factory at this ride height. I was pleasantly surprised that the ride isn't much stiffer than stock. View attachment 409052

Thanks for your insightful posts! Really helpful!

Do you have the Eibach E10-87-001-02-22 springs? I am up in the bay area often, which shop did your install and how much did they charge?

Just got mine done.
I used this 13mm but had to use a dermel to shave it done about .5 to 1mm thickness for it to fit to remove the front struts
To me: Ride is better, looks alot better, no issues so far
Attached is a pic..

Attachments

• eBluebyya.jpg
    eBluebyya.jpg
    835.5 KB · Views: 419
Just got mine done.
I used this 13mm but had to use a dermel to shave it done about .5 to 1mm thickness for it to fit to remove the front struts
To me: Ride is better, looks alot better, no issues so far
Attached is a pic..

Is there any reverse rake with these? I thought I remember reading the rear is a bit lower than the fronts with the Eibach springs. Hard to tell from the angle of your photo. And did you trim the bump stops?

Hey all, new to the forum here and first post!

Had my Model 3 Performance for over a year now and just recently took it to Willow Springs for the first time last month...

Instantly discovered the limits of the car's suspension and want to upgrade but not sure which route to go.

UP Dual Rate Springs and Sway Bars or Sport Coilovers (UP for convenience or Redwood for higher tech) *Approx $1600 total

From what I've gathered thus far, the springs and bars decrease body roll and improve control of the car (although not sure to what degree)
and the Coilovers make a huge difference in handling overall (although not sure if I would still need the bars with this upgrade). *$3-4k

Would really appreciate your input and if anybody is in the West LA area and would be willing to let me drive their car or even take me for a spin in theirs to feel the mods, PLEASE let me know by private message!

Hi Guys, I cannot speak highly enough of Eibach & the products they make. I got my Tesla Model 3 Performance lowered from them directly as they didn't have springs for the 2020 yet & used my car for R&D. These springs dropped the car I believe 1" up front & 1.4" in the back to create the perfect ride height & not give it that raked look. I was very skepticial to go the spring route as I was nervous ride quality would suffer but it honestly feels better than stock & doesn't feel like you are driving on a cloud. It is a lot more planted & handles perfectly. Here are a few images of my car, sorry for the side shot - it is using my iPhone & used the wide angle so makes it look a little different but overall very very happy with the product & ride. Hands down the best springs made & would absolutely reccomend them. Do not play around & go straight to Eibach, you will not be dissapointed!

Attachments

• 8F31FCDC-772B-4E18-A208-90C699456BB3.jpg
    8F31FCDC-772B-4E18-A208-90C699456BB3.jpg
    390.4 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_3409.jpg
    IMG_3409.jpg
    809.4 KB · Views: 365
Hi Guys, I cannot speak highly enough of Eibach & the products they make. I got my Tesla Model 3 Performance lowered from them directly as they didn't have springs for the 2020 yet & used my car for R&D. These springs dropped the car I believe 1" up front & 1.4" in the back to create the perfect ride height & not give it that raked look. I was very skepticial to go the spring route as I was nervous ride quality would suffer but it honestly feels better than stock & doesn't feel like you are driving on a cloud. It is a lot more planted & handles perfectly. Here are a few images of my car, sorry for the side shot - it is using my iPhone & used the wide angle so makes it look a little different but overall very very happy with the product & ride. Hands down the best springs made & would absolutely reccomend them. Do not play around & go straight to Eibach, you will not be dissapointed!
Why did they decide to go with 1.4” in the rear? It’s obviously reverse raked as the rear visually appears lower than the front.

Reactions: wallet.dat
Finally took the plunge and had these installed by 365PerformancePlus in Montclair(highly recommended). The drop IMO is perfect with no reverse rake that O can tell.

Surprisingly the Model 3 feels smoother on perfect road and like stock on not so perfect road. Handling has definitely improved but the biggest improvement to me is braking. The car no longer dives, under hard braking.

I imagine Coilovers are even better, time to save up. Satisfied for now.

Attachments

• 72490EAB-6E96-4263-9837-EA367A86CFA3.jpeg
    72490EAB-6E96-4263-9837-EA367A86CFA3.jpeg
    90.4 KB · Views: 348
Reactions: skrtskrt