Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electric Car Guest Drive in San Diego nets 2 Tesla Model S, nearly 200 attendees

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We had a great turnout at the Electric Car Guest Drive last weekend. Just under two hundred people turned out to drive eight different electric vehicles: the Tesla Model S and seven other EVs over Saturday and Sunday.

Owners of a wide range of EVs showed up and gave people the opportunity to drive their car around the four mile "block":

Tesla Model S (two, my grey S85 and Patrick's red Signature Performance S85 edition)
Fiat 500e (one on Saturday, two on Sunday, orange and slate)
Ford Focus Electric
Toyota RAV4 EV
Honda Fit EV
Chevy Volt
Nissan Leaf
Toyota Plug-in Prius

We also had two conversions on display, one each day.

David Bernardo brought his orange VW Beetle "Zelectric" to Balboa Park on Saturday and gave guest drives.
Farhad Sorourifar brought his Pontiac Fiero "Silver Bullet" to Carlsbad on Sunday for a static display.

Several people told me they were headed down to the Tesla store in UTC afterward to put in an order.

The next Electric Car Guest Drives will be held from 12-6 in Chino Hills on Saturday and Irvine on Sunday. Tesla and other EV enthusiasts, whether conversions or production cars, are welcome to come and talk to people why they drive electric.

Details and RSVP at www.electriccarguestdrive.com

You can compare the Tesla Model S and Cadillac ELR side by side at the next Electric Car Guest Drive this weekend. Saturday in Los Angeles and Sunday in Irvine. Both days from 12-6. You also get a glossy printed guide with complete specs for both, and other EVs too.

Well worth attending! I learned so much from talking with other EC owners.

I attended the Carlsbad Electric Car Guest Drive event in a local Carlsbad park last Sunday afternoon. I was impressed by the number of EV owners who showed up and were so enthusiastic about sharing their knowledge (and their cars!) throughout the afternoon. The informal setting encouraged people to mingle, share stories and get to know other like-minded folks. As expected, people were excited to drive a Tesla Model S, but it was also very informative to visit with the owners of the 2 Fiat 500e, the Honda FIT EV and the Nissan Leaf and everyone was able to drive the cars they had planned to drive!