Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Tesla - Model 3 SR+ Multiple problems since pickup

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With all of your issues, I’m not sure why you haven’t moved on yet. If I had half the issues you had I wouldn’t have bought a second Tesla. I have had nothing but great experiences so far. I could care less if anyone calls a Model 3 a luxury car or not. My point was most car experts call the Model 3 a luxury car. And that’s because of all of the technology. If you value high quality materials over technology then Tesla isn’t your type of luxury.
Also considered a luxury car because of Tesla's asking price

With all of your issues, I’m not sure why you haven’t moved on yet. If I had half the issues you had I wouldn’t have bought a second Tesla. I have had nothing but great experiences so far. I could care less if anyone calls a Model 3 a luxury car or not. My point was most car experts call the Model 3 a luxury car. And that’s because of all of the technology. If you value high quality materials over technology then Tesla isn’t your type of luxury.
I didn’t move because… I was even more fervent than you, remember! 😁

I moved to Tesla because I felt all the fun I’d been having driving my BMW was causing too much pollution. I am not that selfish to be causing so much harm to the planet just to have my fun in cars.

There was only one option for that in 2009: Project Whitestar, aka Model S. I fell in love, and after 10 years, out of it.

I am however not going back to gas cars. Ever.

If Tesla fixes some of their issues, I will gladly buy another and another.. Tesla supercharger network is absolutely superb, and unmatched by Electrocute America (Sorry, Electrify America). 😁 That’s the only reason I’m not standing in line for another EV today.

Its so sad that VW still won’t get serious about electric, and the charging infrastructure.

I never tried charging mine in the cold with 120V but I find it hard to believe that the combination of 120V and cold weather would produce a "normal" sound of a worn out dentist's drill. If that were the case, YouTube would be lit up with thousands of videos of screaming Model 3s... and this is the first time I've heard anyone reporting a sound like that.

Mike

Yeah, no. Sorry, but if you buy a brand new car ~$20k the interior will not be as nice. Maybe you should try actually shopping at that price range?

I guess your speciality is taking things too literally.

Even as that may be:

Model 3 has vinyl seats, and interior materials are hard plastic in many places.
About the only materials that are better than a $20K interior are the drab open pore wood pieces that don‘t even extend to the rear compartment. In white interiors, even those parts are just plastic.

IOW, it’s cheapness trying desperately to masquerade as ‘chic’. 😅

Not worthy of a $50K average price car. Much worse for the Y, whose median price is even higher.

Look at the competition’s interiors in a similar price range. Yeah, you should try shopping there, instead of taking thing too literally.

I guess your speciality is taking things too literally.

Even as that may be:

Model 3 has vinyl seats, and interior materials are hard plastic in many places.
About the only materials that are better than a $20K interior are the drab open pore wood pieces that don‘t even extend to the rear compartment. In white interiors, even those parts are just plastic.

I’m not the one specifying the tier here, you cite $20k again, and you again are being specific about how the materials are worse that price point.

Who is being literal again?

Reactions: XPsionic and ODWms
There are variations, duds, and lemons among all brands and models up to the highest luxury models. I've owned a lot of cars from sports cars to luxury vehicles and every car I've ever purchased (all but one brand new) have had at least one problem that had to be addressed by a dealer or me (sometimes just tracking down a stray rattle). My Model 3 LR will be a year old in March and it is the first car I've ever owned that I could just drive and not worry about having to fix something when brand new. Build quality is as good or better than any of my other cars. All panels align. If I had to nit pick, I'd say having to replace the cabin filter after only about 9 months due to smell is probably a design flaw, but after replacing it, good as new again.

I hate to see people getting duds or lemons, but it happens. You'll find posts akin to "Never ending problems" on every car forum out there. So the real question becomes: how do the car companies handle those? Unfortunately, it seems almost unanimous that Tesla doesn't do a good job of support/service after the sale.

Mike

@_Redshift_ ... Any chance you've posted interior photos on these forums somewhere? I'm super curious about maple trim.

Sure, asked and provided:

I just created that thread. I’ve been meaning to for a while, but had not got the time.

I have had a problem with my Tesla model 3
It accelerated suddenly and met with the accident
Has anybody had the same problem

You mean like sudden, unintended acceleration? Yeah, that’s a very common problem in ALL car brands. Many have sued the car companies and won millions and millions of dollars. If you want to get rich, that’s a sure fire way of doing it in these United States. 😀

Oh, one more thing: good luck. 😅

Hey, Just wanted to update everyone on the problem with my vehicle. I just got my car back yesterday from the Tesla Service Center, I need to bring the car back on Feb 21st when the new parts arrive. If you run into this problem, IT IS NOT NORMAL!!!! The pumps NEED to be replaced if you hear this noise. Thanks all for your input

Would you please clarify where those pumps are? In the front or back?

Would you please clarify where those pumps are? In the front or back?
They did not specify where or what kind of pumps. Their exact response was, "Yes that is for the parts we ordered for the repair we will be replacing to pumps due to the noise level of there operation". I am assuming it is the pumps in the back of the car but I could not tell you for certain, it seemed like they did not want to give me anymore information than that.