Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electric Frunk Kit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No frunk kit yet for the Y, despite the selling title...good thing I asked question (below) before ordering....you can go back to discussing Amazons environmental record.

"Question:
Are there any install instructions or vids available to look over before purchase? Also, any differences in the 3 vs Y kit, looking to install on a Y.
Answer:
Unfortunately Model 3 frunk kit doesn’t fit Model Y, they’re different. Our manufacturer is still working on developing for Model Y.
Please feel free to ask me if you have further questions. Have a wonderful weekend!
By SmarTesla Seller on August 29, 2020"

I installed the Hansshow kit on my model X and loved it. I've sent them an email asking if they will make one for the Y and like others have said, they are working on it. I imagine the delay is that the struts are buried deep in the car. I had to watch the Munro Live videos where he disassembled the Y to see where they are at. I suspect it will be a more difficult install than the X was but I'm still willing to give it a try.