Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electric Infinities

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It keeps reminding me of the Jaguar CX-75 concept. Even the wheels seem similar.
To me ,it's quite obvious the Emerg-E is just an update on the Infiniti Essence (which was also an EREV) unveiled at the 2009 Geneva Motor Show.

Emerg-E:
emerg-e_3.jpg

Essence (March 2009, Geneva Motor Show):
infiniti-essence-9.jpg

CX-75 (October 2010, Paris Motor Show):
jaguar-cx75.jpg

---

Emerg-E:
emerg-e_main.jpg

Essence:
infiniti-essence-1.jpg

CX-75:
2013-jaguar-cx75-rear-three-quarter-studio-1024x640.jpg

To me ,it's quite obvious the Emerg-E is just an update on the Infiniti Essence (which was also an EREV) unveiled at the 2009 Geneva Motor Show...

I tend to separate front "engined" vehicles from Mid-engines ones.
The Emerg-E and CX-75 are mid-engined, and the Essence has that long front hood, front engine configuration.
A little like comparing a Porsche 924 to a 914, or a 928 to a 986.

I tend to separate front "engined" vehicles from Mid-engines ones.
The Emerg-E and CX-75 are mid-engined, and the Essence has that long front hood, front engine configuration.
A little like comparing a Porsche 924 to a 914, or a 928 to a 986.

I didn't really notice that, but I think it's pretty obvious a huge bulk of the styling cues of the Emerg-E is from the Essence.

I didn't really notice that, but I think it's pretty obvious a huge bulk of the styling cues of the Emerg-E is from the Essence.

Yes, I agree. It is just when you change the engine configuration (front/rear) it makes it a whole different car to me.
I like the way the Emerg-E is more "cabin forward".

Model S has the "best of both worlds". The better driving dynamics of RWD, but the e-drivetrain is so compact that it doesn't force the cabin more forward than it wants to be.

Model S has the "best of both worlds". The better driving dynamics of RWD, but the e-drivetrain is so compact that it doesn't force the cabin more forward than it wants to be.

Ok, In my little fantasy the Essence has a skateboard battery and that front is large enough to hold a mountain bike.

And the model washes the car when I get home.

Can't say I'm seeing it, they seem quite different. Essence reminds me more of the Karma.
Besides from the change from front to mid-engine layout that TEG mentioned, most of the styling cues of the Emerg-E is the from the Essence.
Concrete examples:
The front grill, lower air dam, thin triangular front lamps.
No side mirrors.
The weird kink in the rear quarter window.
The similar 10 spoke wheels (with spokes in pairs of two).
The double crease in the front quarter panel near the hood.
The crease in the bottom door sill.
The panoramic roof that stretches from the front to the back.
Thin rear tail-lamps and integrated mini-spoiler.
The L shaped crease around the two rear exhausts.

The biggest changes I see is from the layout change, (for example the big scoop over the rear wheels in the Emerg-E and the overall proportion changes).

Last edited: