Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electric vs ICE During a Pandemic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Rich Barsteward Mate will make a killing ... he always does. When he explains to me all the individual reasoning-steps he cogitated they will all make abundant sense. Two problems with that: no one but him strings all the steps together, and he never tells me what he is doING !

The ICE is marred by supplies getting short and then having to top-up-the-tank every day, just-in-case. If/When that comes there will be long queues too ...

My mate Jerry has a couple of cans for the lawnmower and I keep 200L of red about for the tractor if diesel gets short. What you going to do when there's no-one fit to fix the leccy wires?. You could panic buy all the batteries in Halfords....

My mate Jerry has a couple of cans for the lawnmower and I keep 200L of red about for the tractor if diesel gets short. What you going to do when there's no-one fit to fix the leccy wires?. You could panic buy all the batteries in Halfords....

I'll go for a ride on my push bike. I'm quite looking forward to it. The frothy old fist-wavers will all be stranded fuelless in giant potholes.

What you going to do when there's no-one fit to fix the leccy wires?

Forecourt ain't going to be pumping Dino-fuel wither, when the power goes off ...

... not sure I have enough PV ... maybe :) June would be better than March ... and I do have generator, but haven't been brave enough to just put a hand-crank 100 gallon tank of Petrol in my shed!

About the 3 minute mark

In all seriousness though, this media hysteria really bugs me. Inciting panic cannot be helpful.

Indeed. In all the current European lockdowns you are still allowed out the house to get groceries and the like and a fair number of people are still going to work.

Here, you may currently have to isolate for seven or fourteen days depending on circumstances, neither of which justify seeing the supermarkets being stripped as they have been.

There almost certainly will be a lockdown*, really don’t like that term as it doesn’t really reflect what is actually involved, in the UK at some point but, as long as folk can responsibly follow what has been asked of them to date, and will be asked of them going forward, it shouldn’t have to happen just yet and hopefully will not lead to a second spike when it is released.

* but you should still be allowed out to get groceries etc.

E&OE, it could all change at the next PM press conference :)

Forecourt ain't going to be pumping Dino-fuel wither, when the power goes off ...

... not sure I have enough PV ... maybe :) June would be better than March ... and I do have generator, but haven't been brave enough to just put a hand-crank 100 gallon tank of Petrol in my shed!

If memory serves it's illegal UK to store more than a small amount of petrol domestically? Since I live on my small hobby farm it's not such an issue so i do have a 210L oil drum full of the red with a handcrank pump. At least diesel doesn't catch fire as readily as petrol....

Fortunately local petrol stations are pretty lax re filling jerry cans with petrol (officially illegal) but out here in the stix it's easy to get through that sort of quantity with chainsaws and strimmers let alone ride-on mowers. Come summer I'll be using 20-30L a week.

I'll be interested to see what the Climate Scientists report ...

After 9/11 when USA didn't fly for a few days there was a significant change ... the whole world with dramatically reduced flying / driving should be very noticeable. might also find that working from home will become more acceptable, we are already thinking about some satellite offices where we, reluctantly, have premises which cost a fortune for the minimal attendance they get ... and colleagues have already replaced phone with Skype/Headsets even to talk to the person at the next desk :) so working from home won't be any different in that regard.

Should have bought Nintendo shares :)