Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electrify America Complementary Session Check-in

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you initiating the charge session before plugging in? And is the app showing the history of how much energy you used, even when free?

With the complimentary sessions, I’ve been just plugging in and charging, without any need for the app. But I guess it’d be nice to have a history of how much free energy I’m using. I have an EA account but never used it for any paid charging yet.
No I plug in first. The app does not show free sessions, it says I have 0 sessions last 30 days.

Still free!
I feel rather amiss is not mentioning the most important tidbit about the Tigar, OR location.

Not only are there 8 chargers there, but there is a great vegan friendly pizza place there as well.

It's called 48 North Pizzeria where they have the typical pizza a meat lover myself will like along with a lot of options for veganites.

It's hidden within a place that says "Fido's Tap house" which is some odd mix of a dog adoption place and a bar. But, there doesn't seem to be anymore Pet Adoption anymore. Instead its a bar that's nearly empty all the time with a bitter old bar man that will yell at you if you try to bring in outside water. He doesn't allow the pizza place sharing the location to sell any beverages so you have to place a second order for anything to drink with him.

The pizza is really good though and its worth the awkwardness of it sharing a space with Mr. Unpleasant who might or might not get around to serving you depending on how motivated he's feeling. It's probably best to bring in some outside water to get yelled at first because then he might prioritize serving you.

I feel rather amiss is not mentioning the most important tidbit about the Tigar, OR location.

Not only are there 8 chargers there, but there is a great vegan friendly pizza place there as well.

It's called 48 North Pizzeria where they have the typical pizza a meat lover myself will like along with a lot of options for veganites.

It's hidden within a place that says "Fido's Tap house" which is some odd mix of a dog adoption place and a bar. But, there doesn't seem to be anymore Pet Adoption anymore. Instead its a bar that's nearly empty all the time with a bitter old bar man that will yell at you if you try to bring in outside water. He doesn't allow the pizza place sharing the location to sell any beverages so you have to place a second order for anything to drink with him.

The pizza is really good though and its worth the awkwardness of it sharing a space with Mr. Unpleasant who might or might not get around to serving you depending on how motivated he's feeling. It's probably best to bring in some outside water to get yelled at first because then he might prioritize serving you.

Wow, your post took me on quite the journey. LOL

I’ve seen the sign for Fido’s before and just looked them up on Google Maps and was reminded that the tagline on their sign is “World’s First Dog Tap House”. Maybe it‘s just me, but those words don’t initially convey that they would have anything for human consumption. :) Maybe that’s what’s holding back their business.

But word of mouth is a powerful thing so maybe I’ll check them out when I have my next pizza craving. I know these hole-in-the-wall / obscure places typically have better than average food a lot of times.

Wow, your post took me on quite the journey. LOL

I’ve seen the sign for Fido’s before and just looked them up on Google Maps and was reminded that the tagline on their sign is “World’s First Dog Tap House”. Maybe it‘s just me, but those words don’t initially convey that they would have anything for human consumption. :) Maybe that’s what’s holding back their business.

But word of mouth is a powerful thing so maybe I’ll check them out when I have my next pizza craving. I know these hole-in-the-wall / obscure places typically have better than average food a lot of times.

Ugh, I called it Tiger instead of Tigards. Oops.

Anyways I would have never stumbled upon if it wasn't for the EA chargers.

It's a unique place as it has 48 North Pizzeria on the building but then to the left it has the Fido Taphouse. So it's not clear to customer about to walk in that it's a shared space. Technically I think the bar is what's paying the lease, and the 48 North Pizzeria pays him or something like that

Edit: Actually it seems like the policy is that at a minimum you have to buy a bottle of water whether you want the bottle of water or not. There is no tap water which I find a bit suspicious because it seems like any dine in place would be required to provide tap water.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: DesertSilver
I was perusing the PlugShare checkins, when I was looking for a CCS charger that was closeby to where my meetings were, and I noticed that lately there are way more Tesla check ins at the nearby EA stations than I have ever seen... I haven't seen too many checkins since I first got my SK adapter back in the spring, but I noticed about a week ago, I'm starting to see Tesla checkins at almost every EA station around me now...

I was perusing the PlugShare checkins, when I was looking for a CCS charger that was closeby to where my meetings were, and I noticed that lately there are way more Tesla check ins at the nearby EA stations than I have ever seen... I haven't seen too many checkins since I first got my SK adapter back in the spring, but I noticed about a week ago, I'm starting to see Tesla checkins at almost every EA station around me now...
They're probably all Randy.

:)

Yes they may be

Return trip yesterday (free sessions):
Palm Springs
Barstow
Baker
Caesar’s Las Vegas, NV
Baker again
Mojave
EA Bakersfield Plaza (busy)
Target Bakersfield
Selma
Madera (Not free)
Turlock

Should have charged when I got home as all three sites around Alameda no longer show as free

EA here in Parker CO still free. Charging right now. Picked up groceries and charging.
8A8CBC70-13BE-4346-A7FA-A51A5389F274.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Art84 and masotime

I don’t care how good the pizza is, if the guy has a bad attitude I’ll go to the nearest chain instead and get merely acceptable pizza. The only way people like that learn is by hitting their wallet. And if they prefer to go out of business rather than learn and adjust, it’s no loss.

Reactions: avs007
Yep, it seems like the free charging has come to an end. None of the stalls at the Troutdale, OR location were free today.

Fun while it lasted, if true. I only logged about 160 kwh from free EA charging so far. Curious what others have gotten free, if you’ve kept track.

I’m still at about 50% SOC so not really worth it for me to take a dedicated trip to check it out but maybe I’ll stop by in the next few days if I’m in the area of an EA location.

Reactions: DrGriz